How to setup Novation Automap 4.8 for Cubase 8

I know this thread is specifically for Cubase 8 but can someone confirm if Automap works on Cubase 6? And, if so, which version should I use. I bought a second hand Impulse 25 and am pretty sure the included Automap version is 4.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I’ve used Automap 4.8 with Cubase 7 and 7.5. I had no issues. I’m expecting it should work with Cubase 6.

I’ve also just been informed that the latest BETA version of Automap recognises Cubase 8. Here’s the link:

http://beta.novationmusic.com/

Hello!
today i download the new 4-4.9b4 automap.
now i can see my impulse 25 and make a setup.
but i don’t know why, i can’t see the keyboard
inside the Cubase Device Setup.

Win7 64bit Cubase8 Novation impulse 25

Thanks for the detailed walk-through, but after all that, I still don’t see the Novation Automap under the ‘+’ in Device Setup… What am I doing wrong?

Currently using Cubase 8.0.1

Hi all, I’m also having the same issue and I went through all the steps described on the first post but still can’t use my novation impulse to control or to play the VST instruments! (I’m using windows 10) After a lot of tries and tweaking I found out the cause of my problem was my audio interface - it’s not compatible with Automap v4.10! I’m using a Terrasoniq Phase x64 and this morning as a last and desperate try: I unplugged the audio interface and selected the standard windows output, restarted cubase elements 8 and automap; what a surprise, it was working! And I wasn’t experiencing all the crashes with Automap and Cubase as before, when connected to my audio interface. So if you still have problems, re-think what hardware you’re using and update drivers. In my case I believe the solution will be to try another audio interface brand, as Terrasoniq no longer exists. Good luck all.

–Gear –
windows 10 64bits;
Cubase elements 8 trial;
Terrasoniq Phase x64;
Novation Impulse 49