how to sidechain with external plugins in cubase artist 8 ?

Hello guy ,
I have McDSP 6030 Ultimate Compressor and it said in the description it have external sidechain , but i can’t find the button on the box , it happens with other plugins like C1 , H -Comp (waves …) i am missing something ? Should i check a box somewhere to enable the feature ? Thx .Nicolas
EDIT : i m under osx 10.10.5

If this is a VST2 Plugin than unfortunately Artist can’t do this. Even in Cubase Pro 8 you need a workaround with a quad bus to make sidechaining happen in VST2 plugins.
Something Studio One can do natively with just a send to the external inputs that S1 do recognize automatically
Yeah right STEINBERG. It “CAN” be done conveniently even with VST2 plugins

Something Studio One can do natively with just a send to the external inputs that S1 do recognize automatically
Yeah right STEINBERG. It “CAN” be done conveniently even with VST2 plugins

I know S1 can do it , but S1v3 is a nightmare on Osx too much unstable !

McDSP 6030 appears as a VST 3 but i still don’t have the button on the plugin GUI.Someone know why ?

Maybe McDSP haven’t coded the feature into the plugin. Have you asked them whether the plugin supports VST3 side-chaining?

Maybe McDSP haven’t coded the feature into the plugin. Have you asked them whether the plugin supports VST3 side-chaining?

No honnestly i don’t have think about ask to them.I will do , but i just want to be sure before (it is why i have created this topic) there’s not a box i 've don’t checked.

Ok one other thing to check would be making sure it’s the VST3 version of the plugin you are opening in case you have VST2 and VST3 versions installed.

yes it is the VST3 used , it have the 3 little small bar beside.

If you open the Plug-in Manager, select the plug-in and make sure the little i is clicked in the bottom left of the window it should tell you if it has any side-chain inputs.

If you open the Plug-in Manager, select the plug-in and make sure the little i is clicked in the bottom left of the window it should tell you if it has any side-chain inputs.

Will do it , thx :slight_smile:

I 've just check all my plugins , no one have a sidechain input.Thx Richard for the trick :wink:

Not a problem :wink:

The built in Cubase compressors should have side-chain input if nothing else.

i will just upgrade my so loved DB Audioware Sidechain compressor :wink: .It will give it a second life :smiley: