How to simplify the stave ties?

Hello ,I found that the staff was too complicated after importing MIDI, how can I make the stave looks simple and has the same acoustics? I can’t change the length of midi because it causes discontinuity and I can’t use the pedal lines because they’re also incoherent. The screenshot is as follows.

I’d be interested to know what happens if you explode the music onto other staves and the reduce again. Or maybe even just copying and reducing to one stave might do something?!

Thanks for your reply. If you drag the tail of the MIDI block, it will become like this, but there is no sense of continuity. But you can’t keep pedaling, that’s too chaotic. I just want each note to last for a while. What should I do?

I just want each note to last for a while and keep stave clear.

Put each note into a different voice. Select the 2nd note of each bar, right-click>voices>change voice>new upstem voice, press 7 (to change length to minim). Repeat for the 3rd/4th notes.

1 Like

Thanks for your help! it’s helped a lot. How should this method be batch-operated? It’s too time-consuming to do each note once.

Thanks for your help! it’s helped a lot. How should this method be batch-operated? It’s too time-consuming to do each note once.

Well that depends…
Dorico has correctly interpreted and notated what your MIDI file sent, but notationally you are doing something unusual on a single stave.
If that stave is a piano, one would (likely) notate it simply as quavers and use the sustain pedal. On any other instrument it is impossible to play by a single player. A String section would use divisi, other instruments would use four separate players (eg Horns) which could be condensed onto a single (or more likely 2) stave. Both of these are simple to do from scratch, but difficult to import, because all notes are coming in as a single voice.

OK,thank you!