How to tie a last note in a first ending to the beginning of the repeated section?

How to tie a last note in a first ending to the beginning of the repeated section?

There’s a few topics about this but the long and short of it is that you can’t (AFAIK).

Many of us just add an l.v. slur and then drag to where needed etc.

Thanks for the quick response. Where can I find the l.v. line?
I read a few postings about the problems with ties and first and second endings, but I didn’t find any solutions apart from a mention of this lv hack.

Click the note and open the lower zone (properties) and you should see it there to click.

Great, thanks!

1 Like

If you want correct playback of a tie from the last note in a first ending to the beginning of the repeated section, consider the following example:

In this example, both ties are laissez vibrer ties which have been extended in length. The first note in the repeated section has its playback suppressed in the properties panel. The last note before the repeated section and the last note in the first ending use the playback end offset to extend their playback durations to include the duration of the first note in the repeated section. This offset is measured in ticks, and Dorico uses 480 ticks per quarter note. For this example, the playback end offset of these notes is set to 456 (95% of 480).

4 Likes

What an elegant workaround! Where did you study nuclear fusion?
It seems to me that it is a good candidate in a future update or plugin to make this process more staightforward for the average user.
I thank you for this most useful solution in the meantime.