How to transfer Cubasis 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis 3

Dear all,

With the purchase of Cubasis 3, we offer you to freely transfer previous Cubasis in-app purchases to your newest Cubasis 3 app,

These are the required steps:

• Make sure Cubasis 2.8.2 is installed on your iPad
  • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app shop
  • Follow the instructions shown in the IAP Transfer pop-up

Important
In some cases, it is required to open the in-app shop in Cubasis 2, once the app has launched itself (being triggered from the “Transfer” popup button).

Best wishes,
Lars

I think the cost of 54 euros per cubasis3 is too high for those who have already bought cubasis2. At most you could charge 10 euros but not all that money to those who have already bought the program once.

1 Like

Hi alexparty,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that I’ve reflected about this topic several times in the forums.

Best,
Lars

Sooooo angry!!! Literally bought Cubasis 2 2 weeks ago … back to BeatMaker 3 I am not paying 140$ for the same app this is seriously ridiculous I have to pay full price again

I used Cubasis LE who was unlocked and have nearly all shop purchases inside unlocked.
How can i transfer this to the Cubasis 3 i bought. The Cubasis 3 says there are no purchases.

Hi Jeckstadt,

Except for the Full Feature Set IAP, this will be possible for the instrument and effect plug-in IAPs with the upcoming Cubasis LE 2.8.3 and Cubasis 3.0.2 updates, which will arrive soon.

Best,
Lars

I have purchased Cubasis FX pack 1 on my iPad ( cubasis LE 2.8.3). I go on my iPhone which has cubasis 3.1.3 installed and on “Cubasis FX pack 1” tap on “RESTORE PURCHASES”, a window pops up " Purchase restored, one purchase was stored". Then I press OK.

When I also go to FX pack 1 on my iPhone with Cubasis 3 ( not LE), “Insert Effect” in track inspector, it shows the SHOP icone that tells me I need to buy it again.

I did follow this as well nothing happened): How to sync in-app purchases between the iPad and iPhone - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums

I have purchased Cubasis FX pack 1 on my iPad ( cubasis LE 2.8.3). I go on my iPhone which has cubasis 3.1.3 installed and on “Cubasis FX pack 1” tap on “RESTORE PURCHASES”, a window pops up " Purchase restored, one purchase was stored". Then I press OK.

When I also go to FX pack 1 on my iPhone with Cubasis 3 ( not LE), “Insert Effect” in track inspector, it shows the SHOP icone that tells me I need to buy it again.

I did follow this as well nothing happened): > How to sync in-app purchases between the iPad and iPhone - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums

Hi,

Please have a look at the following steps:

1. Under “iTunes & App Store” you log in for purchases
  2. At the top of the list you log in with your Apple ID for iCloud sync

Make sure that you are logged in at both places with the same Apple ID on both iPad and iPhone. Also make sure that in (2), “iCloud” is enabled.

When transferring your in-app purchases from Cubasis 2 to 3, Cubasis 3 cannot unlock these purchases on the App Store (Apple doesn’t grant apps this possibility). Instead, Cubasis 3 uses iCloud to sync your list of purchases across all your devices. Hence, iCloud must be enabled with the same Apple ID.

Best,
Lars

I recently purchased waves real time tune in cubasis 2 but now cannot get it to transfer to cubasis 3le (full unlock). I thought 3le and 3 were identical and I never would have got the LE version if I knew i couldn’t transfer my IAP. Do I have any options here?

I’m in the Same boat…only I go back to supporting Steinberg from the actual beginning in the late 80’s. It pisses me off that I buy Cubasis 2 and they come out with Cubasis 3 and there’s no upgrade path. I put a lot of money into this company over time. Now they want me to pay full price for what should be a nominal upgrade fee. Even on sale its way too much. B.S.

Hi Beware,

PM sent.

Best,
Lars

Hi RRL,

Cubasis for iOS is distributed through theApp Store, which is managed by Apple.

Apple does not offer grace period or update options in their iOS App Store, compared to Steinberg’s offerings for their regular desktop product portfolio.

For more details, please have a look at our dedicated Cubasis 3 Sale statement.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

How about the flip side of this. If I bought the Waves Autotune module in Cubasis 3, shouldn’t I be able to restore that same purchase in Cubasis 2? (I use them both). It shows that I need to purchase it in 2 even when I click restore purchase.