How To Transfer Elements 10.5 from my laptop to my desktop??

Hello… I’m hoping some kind person can offer some advise…

I have to donate my laptop (Windows 10, Cubase Elements 10.5 installed) for family use. I have been using this as my studio computer for several years now. I would like to replace this laptop with a desktop but I need to know if I can transfer Cubase from the laptop to the desktop.

If the answer is yes, how many hoops do I have to jump through to get this done? Is there some sort of process that can be followed to make this happen? Please?. I have all my setups and projects on this machine. I’d hate to have to purchase another Cubase for the desktop… (I won’t be using the laptop with Cubase anymore… uninstall…)

Thank you kind people. :sunglasses:

Are you talking about transferring your license? If using the Soft-eLicenser, go through the reactivation procedure (through your MySteinberg account). If using the USB-eLicenser, the license is on the dongle - no reactivation required.

If you are talking about transferring all of you projects, settings, etc., that can be a wide subject depending on how you have things organized on your current computer.

The Elements 10.5 full installer should be available through the Steinberg Download Assistant.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I guess I want to transfer my soft E-licenser. So when I get the new desktop, I download Elements 10.5, and the soft E-licenser program, then activate on My Steinberg account?.. Sounds easy… (famous last words… :unamused: )

Thanks… I really appreciate the help.

Yeah, I think that’s pretty much it. It’s been quite a while since I reactivated a soft license. If you log into your MySteinberg account you should see the reactivation option. More details can be found on the Steinberg website.

Fortunately I found a USB E-licenser from when I had Cubase Essential installed on an old machine. I was able to transfer my Elements 10.5 soft license to the USB E-licenser. That should make setting the new machine a bit easier. From what I understand, there is no need for reactivation when using the USB E-licenser.