How to turn OFF click with audio export

Hey all, I’m having the most difficult time trying to get rid of the click from audio mp3 exportation. I do not have it engaged as far as I can tell. When I play it back live, there is no click. When I export it…Click is present! Serenity now…

Please help.

T

I wonder that that is happening to you in first place. Because the audio export should not produce any other output than that what you can hear during playback.
However, in your case it is like it is.
So please go to Play mode or open the Dorico Mixer window and by hand mute the
leftmost audio channel , the one that is labelled Dorico Beep. Is that producing the wanted audio?

Thanks for your response! I believe it has been figured out. It looks like this was due to apples music player. Each time I exported the file, I saved the file to replace previous file. Each time o hit play it would go through apples music player. Can you guess where this is going? Well, it appears that the music player was not recognizing each new export as a unique separate file. It kept playing the first audio export where I hadn’t muted the initial click-metronome. Does this make sense and I’m curious if on playback this has happened to anyone else?

I only realized this btw, when I had sent the file to a 3rd party and they had observed that there was no click present. Happy ending… go figure.

T

1 Like

I am guessing the reason this happens is that Dorico trashes the previous file instead of deleting it, and the Music app tracks where the file is moved. Each app is trying to be helpful, but in different ways that don’t work together.

1 Like

Yes, that is a known issue that quite a few people already got trapped in. Don’t know exactly who is to blame, the music player or the OS, but some kind of caching or reference tracking is to blame for it. It’s really tedious and difficult to figure out.

Thanks fro the reply! Yes, it would be helpful if there was a way to custom save the file as well. As of now, the options are limited. One would think something like: save file name as: _______. in addition to “would you like to overwrite file?” Anyhow, I’m good moving forward for now. Thanks for your eyes on this one.