How to uninstall cubase while keeping projects and how to reactivate license?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been using cubase LE for quite some time now, now I need a second license for my laptop so Im gonna buy the edu version of elements 9,5.
Now I have 2 questions:

1: How do I uninstall cubase LE while keeping my projects? (because i want a new install of elements 9,5 edu)

2: How do i transfer the liscence from cubase LE AI (this came free with an guitar amp) from my main computer to my laptop?

Ik would really appreciate the help, since this seems rather complicated to me and I dont want to risk losing my projects :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for the help.
Greetings,
Michael (from the Netherlands)

Hi!

1. To keep your projects simply copy those folders where you have your Cubase projects to some safe place. I bought an external harddrive for that purpose but I don’t Think uninstalling Cubase will actually remove “Project folders”. Although erasing a harddrive will… After a while I have lots of Projects that I can go back to an revisit if I want to mix them differently. So just uninstall Cubase and dont worry about that it will delete your projcts, but to be 100% sure and safe, copy those folders somewhere anway, my pro tip! :slight_smile: And keep them well organized too with dates, etc!

2. I’m not sure you can actually do that if that Cubase version is OEM? Meaning… it is attached to a specific hardware…? Anyone correct me if I’m wrong!!! I would rather buy their cheapest version to begin with (Elements) and then you can install on whatever computer you use.

/Regards, Robin

Uninstalling should have no effect whatsoever on your project files. As Robin suggests, it never hurts to have back-up copies nevertheless. You don’t say your OS but if you’re on Windows just uninstall using the standard Windows uninstall pathway.

Yes, you should be able to reactivate your Elements LE as long as you’ve registered the software in your mySteinberg account. If not then do so before uninstalling.

The procedure for reactivating is covered here:

Thanks so much you help! Greetings from the Netherlands