How to write a unison on a percussion grid

I have a complex percussion grid with 11 instruments for a contemporary score. My issue is that I am unable to write in a ‘unison’ - e.g. a single note with both and up and down stem to indicate it is being hit with both mallets.

The solution for a percussion kit - to add another instrument on the same staff line - does not apply to the grid layout. I also don’t seem to be able to add a unison (stems in the same direction), which would also be a suitable solution.

Any workarounds appreciated!

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/search.php?keywords=unison+percussion&fid[0]=246

The first result is this post. The second is your post. The third is the thread you need.

No, unfortunately that thread does not solve my problem - I already searched and attempted these solutions otherwise I would not have posted (I have read the community guidelines!)

That solution (adding another instrument on the same staff) only works on a five line staff kit, but not in the GRID setting.

That is why I wrote “The solution for a percussion kit - to add another instrument on the same staff line - does not apply to the grid layout. I also don’t seem to be able to add a unison (stems in the same direction), which would also be a suitable solution.”

My mistake. You can cheat it:

1. Set up your grid as usual.
  2. Add the notes you want to the instrument you want.
  3. Select the notes that need to be double-stemmed and switch them to an extra voice.
  4. Add the opposite double-stemmed notes to the instrument above.
  5. Alt+down.

Amazing, thank you!

I have a percussion kit setup with several instruments, 5 line staff display. The composer wants … a particular surface. Under the percussion kit, I am having trouble ttrockstars adding in this unison to represent the double stop. I tried using an alternate method of notating this.

Welcome, Victor. Try this thread: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=155471&p=834968&hilit=unison+percussion#p834968