Hoy to set 6/8 signature

Hi! Anyone can explain me how to set 6/8 signature on my proyect?

Thanks!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi eliasalcantar,

Thank you for your message.

As of yet, Cubais is limited to x/4 signatures.
Please use a 3/4 signature in this case.

Best,
Lars

This seems like an incredible oversight! And it seems like it would be super easy to implement. Is there an ETA for this, and for other time signatures? You know, after the pandemic slows down I mean…

1 Like

As I suggested elsewhere, an easier-but-useful, short term workaround for the Cubasis developers might be to allow the metronome to beat subdivisions. If you’re recommending a 3/4 time signature, we really need the metronome to beat twice (or six subdivisions) per measure, not three times. And if Cubasis imports a 6/8 MIDI file and puts it in 6/4, we still need the metronome to beat twice per measure.

2 Likes

Up until now I’ve only needed 4/4, but I love the likes of 5/8, 6/8, 7/8 and 9/8.
Pretty surprised Cubasis can’t do this.
Nanostudio 2 and Auria allow pretty much any time sig. Even GarageBand can do 6/8.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading request that go back 10 years in which people express their desire for time signature settings like 6/8, 5/8, 7/8.
For me it is surprising that it’s not supported. Can you direct me to a reals calendar or at least give me an indication when this will be available. I’ve seen cheaper tools that support it. Cubase is great I love it but this is somewhat shameful that you don’t support it in Cubasis

3 Likes

I just purchased this recently, and I cannot believe 8th and 16th note signatures aren’t available. I will be getting a refund. Shocking of Steinberg!

3 Likes

Seriously…I just bought Cubasis 3 and I wanted to start a new project in 11/8…

I can’t believe I spent 50 euros on an app which cannot do that…Is music only in 4/4 now ? Unbelievable…

3 Likes

I am a new user (just bought all the in app purchases during the Black Friday sale) but I just have to add my voice to the chorus of others here who are simply shocked at the limited availability of odd time metres. 3/8, 6/8 etc are not uncommon in contemporary music. I still have a lot to learn using Cubasis 3 and I’m impressed with much of it so far, but it is sad to think that there are basics like this that are not supported. Hope it will be coming in an update soon, and at the very least Charles suggestion above could be a short term aid for some time signatures.

1 Like

Stilll on the matter…. Odd time signature please. It’s 2022.

1 Like

Let me add my voice to the chorus of disappointment. I was very happy to find tools and workflows that other iPad DAW don’t have, but just today I decided to set up a slow minor blues in 6/8 (you know, the third most used time signature in all of music) and I only came here after I realized that I was getting nowhere.
In addition I also realized that even if I managed to “fake” a 6/8 signature, the odds of having ready made drum loops or any loop, really, was minimal.

Back I go to my window based DAW. Now that’s not a huge problem, but I really liked the idea of doing some of the work while watching an F1 race on TV and lounging around, rather than being chained to my desk, like I am when I am working my real job.

Really shameful. I wonder if I can create GarageBand stems and import them.
Probably not.

PS. Isn’t John Mayer “Gravity” in 6/8? It’s not like it’s an obscure song.

That’s an excellent idea, but I have a feeling it would be as much work as accepting odd meters in general for their developers.

I could be wrong, but we need to pester them about the odd meters beyond complaining on forum posting.

A few 1 or 2 star reviews with the understanding that we will revise the score once they are implemented would get their attention more, along with multiple tickets and external reviews.

In general, I resent that every one of theses DAW for iPads are designed for dance music. That means that their loops, midi loops, sounds, etc. are geared toward 4/4 143bpm EDM compositions and that’s simply not acceptable. Most desktop DAWs are not limited like tht.

If anything, I find this attitude responsible for the sameness that pervades modern music, from the strict timing, pitch to chord progressions.

I wonder if we could have our DAWs follow our timing instead of slaving us to theirs, but I am getting off-topic.

Let us all work to get their attention using their own review and ticket system, along with social media posts. I intend to follow Steinberg on Twitter and take eb very chance I can to remind them of this oversight.

Remember, a 2 star review is going to likely cost them from dozens to hundreds of sales. A viral Twitter post (assuming any of us discussing this topic have the chops and luck to viralize a post) will have a similar effect.
They’ll have to pay attention to those.

Yes, yes, yes!!! I too need time signatures beyond the current 2/4 to 7/4 range. From a development perspective, this seems like an easy change as I suspect the current limits are an arbitrary decision with minimal coding, as opposed to one that would require more extensive coding, which is the case with changing meter midsong, which I know is covered in a separate feature request thread. (And yes, I need that feature as well to support my songs.)

What a complete jerk. Trying to take sales away from a company because they don’t do what you want them to do. Amazing.