I bought C6 and installed the new 24-bit HSO instrument set. Everything was working fine for months but since a week or two ago, I cannot see HSO instrument settings (the “Edit” tab with brown background) in the Halion Sonic SE instrument settings window. That’s the window when you select a track and click on “Edit Instrument”. This applies for only newly added HSO instruments. The settings for the new HSO instruments I add are same for those HSO instruments that are already in the project and working.
To see what I mean, please see the screenshots below.
Except this, the HSO instruments work without any issues, but I badly need to change value of “Expression Controller” to “Velocity” for an HSO instrument but I don’t know where else I can achieve this than in the HSO settings part.
I have upgraded my C6 to version 6.2 recently and then I bouth HALion Sonic (full version).
Could this be causing the issue?
OK. I spent some time on this problem and I resolved it. The edit panel has been working fine for several hours now on both newly loaded sound files as well as older ones on multiple instances of Halion Sonic SE VST.
I’m on a MAC, so if you’re on a Windows box, just do the equivalent.
I moved ALL the Halion Sonic SE files to a temporary location. This includes the files found in the following folders:
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components ( should be Halion Sonic SE.vst3)
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/Halion/VST Sound/VST Sound - HSO ( all the *.vstsound files)
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Halion Sonic SE (includes Sub Presets).
I couldn’t find anything under //Library since I hadn’t set up any user presets yet.
I reinstalled the HOS Trial Version DVD with the Start Center App.
The only file I moved back from the temp location was Halion Sonic SE.vst3. ( since for some reason it wasn’t installed… or it might be installed by Cubase 6 - doesn’t matter).
I also didn’t see the install put files into #3 folder above. I didn’t move back the originals, since I wanted to see what would happen without those files.
I started up Cubase 6 and loaded a project that have been giving me problems, which includes 2 instances of HSO with about 7 sound banks each.
Everything was working like expected.
I’ll post if something goes amiss again, but hopefully that will do it.