HSO standalone multitimbral or not?

Hi all,
a quick question: I’ve downloaded the update of HSO to the standalone version, and enjoy the streamlined workflow of just the orchestra in a dedicated UI.
However: In the HS SE interface I’ve used so far, there were/are 16 slots for many different sounds separated by MIDI channels.
Now there seems to be only one sound per instance of HSO? Is that correct?
And: What exactly does the column of “Pads” do on the left side? Keyswitches?

Please advise,

Cheers,
Benji

It does appear that HSO Standalone is not multi-timbral.
The pads on the side are Trigger pads. You can program them for chords or notes (which could be key-switch notes or flex-phrase variations).
HTH
J.L.

Jaslan,
thx, that was my impression also.
Well, makes for an even cleaner workflow.

I guess I’ll have to start giving names to the individual virtual members of my orchestra: “Could the Egon, James and Maurice instances in the Violin 2 section please play a little more spiccato during the bridge, please?”

:wink:

All the best,
Benji

Haha.
I imagine they only include the standalone to make it viable as a VST instrument in other DAWs where someone doesn’t have any compatible HALion product.

Now there seems to be only one sound per instance of HSO? Is that correct?

• yes, this standalone has not the mulitchannel implementation of the Halion Sonic Line. Use Halion Sonic if you need more then one hannel per dll. Personally i think it is better to use the standalon if you have a controller and you use the quickcontrols. For most use cases it is also best practice to automaticly lower the dynamic range (QC1) so that the the crossfades that are used are instantly audible.

And: What exactly does the column of “Pads” do on the left side? Keyswitches?

kind regards,
R.