Huge MIDI input delay

MIDI delay
For some reason I get a huge delay when trying to input notes with my MIDI keyboard. There is no problem when trying to use the computer keyboard.
And it’s probably not an audio device issue either:

The MIDI keyboard works perfectly well as demostrated in the gif above, in which I show a standalone piano plugin next to Dorico - you can so how much longer it takes Dorico to process the signal.
I have also tried with a different MIDI device - same issue.

Any ideas?

Could you please run Dorico afresh, start a new empty piano project, start note input and input a couple of notes using your MIDI keyboard, then do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here?

Also, might be worth having a look at whether your MIDI controller is sending a lot of active sensing, clock or other continuous data that Dorico could be choking on. This procedure from the Native Instruments support site provides a helpful recipe for setting up monitoring:

1 Like

Also, might be worth having a look at whether your MIDI controller is sending a lot of active sensing, clock or other continuous data that Dorico could be choking on. This procedure from the Native Instruments support site provides a helpful recipe for setting up monitoring:

You’re right! I have a problematic expression pedal that some times sends events indefinitely. When I shut it off it solved the issue. Thanks!