HUH!? Vst3 is showing as new (completely different) plugin after update?

What would cause this? What do DAW’s scan / listen for from vst3’s when loading? Juce settings?

Relevant info: A new fusion injected (previous wasn’t) and wrapped build of vst3 is reading as a new plug-in in daw’s and is breaking old session recall’s. AU and AAX are fine, no issue, only vst3. Plugin name is the same, new images, Juce settings were updated with a new copyright year and new version number (1.5 to 1.7), new website and new email in projucer.

Any ideas what would cause this?

other potentially relevant info:
I have to use juce 6.1.6 for this build to work so this is apparently before current modulesinfo.plist are included.

I have to use vst3 sdk 2.4 for this older build

I created a new wrap config in pace as we could not get the correct ilok prompt screen to appear (art specific to the plugin we’re building) even after clearing the machine cache with terminal and re-downloading from pace servers the correct one.

Any experience as to why?

Thank you for any advice or input you may have.

did you report this to JUCE forum?

1 Like

Thank you Yvan, yes I did and I am back to report the solution I discovered for posterity, see below or in the main post solution

Back to report the issue, was due to JUCE_VST3_CAN_REPLACE_VST2 being set to 0 in new build instead of 1.

added JUCE_VST3_CAN_REPLACE_VST2=1 in pro juicer settings and then proceeded to build correctly and now class id and editor id read the same as the original. The same session was used for both builds, but somehow that was missing, changed.

For those reading, class id and editor id are what daw’s scan during loading to see if its the same plugin or new. Now it reads as same plugin but just updated.

1 Like