Hurricane

Never say “All”, it’s almost always wrong. :wink:

There are at least 650 climatologists went before the UN and stated “man-made global warming is a media generated myth”.

A brief history of hurricanes that hit the northeast/midatlantic USA (damages in equivalent current dollar values):

Irene 2011 $15.8 Billion in damages

Isabel 2003 $6 Billion in damages

Bob 1991 $2 Billion in damages

Agnes 1972 $11.7 Billion in damages

Diane 1955 $7.8 Billion in damages

Carol 1954 $4 Billion in damages

Great Atlantic Hurricane 1944 $5.7 Billion in damages

New England 1938 $6 Billion in damages

If anyone is interested, you can study Atlantic cyclones as far back as the year 1492, here:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdeadly.shtml

And hurricane sandy is estimated at 60 billion.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/sandy-cost-hit-50-billion-article-1.1194978

I’m not understanding your point to posting all the statistics. Is it to backup your thoughts on global warming, to show that hurricanes have affected the north east, random trivia, or something else?

I have lived in the north east for almost 40 years. Hurricanes may have affected us up here but we have not been directly hit by one like this in my lifetime, at least not that I can remember.

Very convincing proof you got there: a blog which uses another blog as it’s “source”. And the “source” is using words like “their matra”, “liberals suggested”, etc… a Real Scientific Analysis!

I.think i know.you well enough, Steve. You are alright in my book even though you drive me mad sometimes. :mrgreen:

I’m back to work putting things back together. Here is a piccie of my mic collection all boxed in Tupperware and flight cases up for evac. :laughing: I know if I didn’t pack them up, I would have regretted it. You don’t even want to see the unwired equipment racks. You would throw up seeing how many cables need to reconnected.

Here is some more meaty “source” info with no references to “mantra” or “liberals”. This info is consistent with good science from multiple reputable sources:

Based on core samples from Russia’s Vostok Station in Antarctica, we now know earth’s atmosphere and temperature for the last 420,000 years. This evidence suggests that the 12,000 years of warmth we call the Holocene period is over.

Apparently, we’re headed into an ice age of about 100,000 years – give or take. As for CO2 levels, core samples show conclusively they follow the earth’s temperature rise, not lead it.

Here you will find a list of climatologists refuting the man-made global warming hypothesis, and some challenging the junk-science used to advance that agenda:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

Oh please! Where is the evidence, suggesting this warm period (yes, we have lived in warm period for some 12 00 yrs, that’s a fact) is over? Blog is not an evidence.

Yes we will. Sooner or later. That’s not an issue here. Issue is next 1 000 years – give or take.

A scientific reference for this, please. Again … blog is not a scientific evidence.

And you don’t even need to read the article. Just look at the numbers in the first graph on the page. Oh, wait … I know … those French liberal communist anti-american islamists have bribed 95% of world’s scientists.

I want!

http://www.co2science.org/about/position/globalwarming.php

HA! Too late. Everything is pretty much reconnected. In the process of checking all the I/O. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would me. I had already labeled most of the connections using one of those 3m label printers.

Oops… spoke too soon. Channels 1-8 in are connected to 9-16. Now if I could read the labels right.

Another blog! Or can you tell in which scientific publication this one has been published?

Bollocks! Really wanted to see someone else in the same situation I’ve been in twice during last 5 years. :sunglasses:

:smiley:

They have received awards! :laughing:

Sorry Nick, not trying to make fun of ya. I just find this comical. Reminds me of the good old days!

Scientific methodologies are disclosed on the site. It is a scientific publication, not a blog. Or do you only recognize white papers published in certain journals … like those you agree with? Incidentally, where is your irrefutable, clinical double-blind scientific experiment white papers to support your position (whatever that might be)?

No offense taken.

Find laughter wherever, and whenever, you can. Life is too short and laughter is the best medicine. I laugh at Al Gore all the time; everything he says is stupidly hysterical. :wink:

"Copyright © 2012. Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change. All Rights Reserved. "

http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/orgfactsheet.php?id=24

isn’t that special :wink:

Holy crap! The plot thickens!

To: Believers of Global Warming!

It’s a blog. Another website making claims without any references to any scientific publication or experimental data. It doesn’t fullfill any requirements of scientific publication. It’s an opinion.

I don’t have to. I have made no claims. You have. It’s your responsibility to give proofs.

How surprising! :stuck_out_tongue: