I added all my Steinberg products on a USB dongle, but...

Hi all!

Once upon a time I added all my Steinberg products on a USB dongle, but… I just did that without thinking about it would later on hinder me to move a specific licens to a soft licenser instead on another computer of mine. So thats my problem today, a license stored on a USB cant be moved to a soft licenser later on… It’s stuck on that USB, but theres an option and that is to have several USBs to move those license between multiple USB’s (Steinberg speicfic dongles). I’m titally okay with that (well not totally, but…) I dont have other options I guess, unless I move the single USB dongle I have between my three computers…

So okay, I dont mind buying more USB dongles from Steinberg, dont cost all that much imo and it would seriosuly make things more easy for me, instead of having just one USB dongle and move that between my three computers at home. I will not use the same license on all three computers. I have enough Cubase license to have different licenses on all three machines… For example I want to have my Cubase 10 Pro license on my best computer, then Cubase 10 AI on a second one and Cubase 7 Elements on a third one… So I dont have to have to physically move that dongle from one machine just to put it on another one and so on…

So it’s okay to have several dongles right?

Regards from Robin

Yes.

Just plug your empty dongle into a 2nd port along side the one with the license on it. Now in the eLicenser you can move a product license from the old to new dongle.

Thanks! Stay safe & Rocking! /Robin