I cannot get Dorico 5 to open

No, that won’t help. Try pasting in the following:

sudo chmod -rx ~/Desktop/CreateDorico5DiagnosticsReport.sh

You’ll be prompted for a password: use your Mac’s login password.

1 Like

I assume that is to Terminal, but when it asks for my password I can’t enter it, either typing or pasting from another document. If not terminal, where?

This is getting beyond frustration! I have just (13.06pm) had a message that I must wait 3 hours before I can add another reply! Can you please find a solution very quickly. At least I can still use Dorico 4 - but looking forward to 5!

Terminal doesn’t show the password you type. Try typing your Mac password and hit return anyway.

Jesper

1 Like

That’s right, you get no output in the Terminal window when you type your password, but if you make sure the Terminal window is in focus, type your password and hit Return, you’ll find that you are returned to the command line again.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dorico 5 will not load (MacOS) - invalid QML element type?

I’ve got the same issue, attached is the diagnostics report.

Windows 10
Soundcard: RME Fireface UFX+
DoricoDiagnosticsReport.zip (224.3 KB)

Installing new RME driver, released a few days ago, seems to have fixed the issue.

@Peter_Roos , glad to hear that you are up and running again.

To everyone reading this thread: There are currently several issues why Dorico 5 won’t open. The symptom of course is the same, but the underlying root cause may be different. For that reason, please post diagnostics reports, so I can tell what the root cause is and what the solution might be.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Problems launching Dorico 5 on Windows

That still does not seem to work, however, after not being at my computer for several days Dorico 5 does now open but there is no sound. I have gone to Dorico help - create diagnostic report. Zip file attached. Does this help?
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (257.8 KB)

Hi @pharrex , from what I see in the logs there is nothing unusual.

Therefore, please do the following:

• Launch Dorico to the Hub window
  • in there create new project from piano template using HSSE or HS.
  • Enter a few arbitrary notes
  • Open the HALion Sonic editor window and check if in the first slot a piano sound is loaded
  • Klick with the mouse on the virtual keyboard, is then some level metering to be seen in the HALion window?
  • Hit the space key of your computer keyboard in order to start playback in Dorico. Is it sounding?
  • Create once again a diagnostics report and post here. Thank you

Hi Ulf,
I downloaded and installed the new Dorico 5.10. When I try to run it, Dorico still will not open. I have to use the 2 commands you recommended before. Here is my diagnostics report if that is helpful.
Richard
Dorico5DiagnosticsReport.zip (912.4 KB)

Hi @RichardHG , yes, unfortunately version 5.0.10 does not address that particular problem, yet. The developer assigned to that bug is on holiday and can therefore only start from next week working on it.

Hi, OP here - at the time of my original post my computer had completely totally died on me shortly thereafter (unrelated, it was over 10 years old and it was time for a new machine anyway). That said, I was without a computer or use of Dorico for over a month until I got my new one (MacStudio M2 running Ventura).

It took me awhile to get everything installed and most things are running smoothly, except Dorico 5 is giving me this same exact issue, on a completely new machine and OS and installation!

I followed the steps in this thread using the create dorico diagnostics zip file provided by Ulf, and all the different chmod -rx commands in Terminal, and nothing happens. No zip file appears after any amount of time. I’ve tried it numerous times and ways of syntax, still no luck. Please help, I’d love to get Dorico open again after all this time!

Hi @wing, sorry to hear about your trouble.

Most importantly, please go to /Users/<yourname>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticsReports and find anything related to Dorico or the Dorico Audio Engine. Zip that up and attach to a reply here. Thanks.
We can also have a remote screen sharing session if you like, by that I can help you most efficiently.