I cant open a project, some solution?

I was working in a project the last days, today Im trying to open this one, and it won’t… cubase keeps thinking… No answer from cubase… what can I do?? I dont wanna lose this project !

Do you have eberything from the project in one folder ?
If so back it up. Do you have an older copy of Cubase that may open it ?
Will other projects open in Cubase ? If they do it could be the project is corrupted.
If Cubase works but not this project it could be best to start a new project and import the tracks.
Is there any message when Cubase is trying to load the project ?

Yes, everything

If so back it up. Do you have an older copy of Cubase that may open it ?

what do you mean with back it up? You mean I should copy files to new folder from the location?

Will other projects open in Cubase ? If they do it could be the project is corrupted.

yes other projects can open…

If Cubase works but not this project it could be best to start a new project and import the tracks.

Do you mean to lose all my progress and start using only rendered tracks? that would be a problem because not all is rendered some are hardware synths… in MIDI stage, its an important project…

Is there any message when Cubase is trying to load the project ?

no any… I just see the icon spinning and spinning… if I open task manager I can see “cubase not responding” … but I never get a message from cubase or crash…

about old copies yes I have,

• bak won’t open
  • bak 02, can open but freezing instantaneously
  • bak 03, can open and I can play, but once the cursor touch the MIDI track with on where nordlead 2x is routed , the project freezes and sound stop
  • bak 04, the cursor touch the MIDI track with on where nordlead 2x is routed, the track still sounding but mutes many tracks around,
  • bak 05, can open and work properly but my progress isn’t there…

If I delete the MIDI track routed to nordlead and so on, the project can work…

All this questions led me to proceed to do several testing and now I deduct and im completely sure the problem is related to the MIDI track routing to nordlead 2x, this happened suddenly… as I said before I was working in the afternoon without a problem, the nordlead melodies/ routing was the most recent thing I added in the project, I saved and then few hours later, this problem is happening… and the problem is, this isn’t making a crash… so I cant get the cubase dump file… the project just freezes

BUG

When this happens to me it’s usually plugin related. I’ll delete the known dll offenders directly from my plugin folder & the project will most likely open. I’ll remove the missing plugin then re-save the project (as a copy) Then I’ll restore the dll, open the project then insert the plugin again.

You can Import MIDI Tracks as well as Audio…indeed any Cubase Tracks can be imported.

File/Import/Tracks from Project.

it wasn’t plugins, the first I did was to hide my vst plugins and the problem was there, im 100% sure was something related with my sound card MOTU 828 MKII, to fix it I deleted the Audio/MIDI inputs and outputs routings… and I did the routing again, until now my project is back to the life (I hope), fortunately I didn’t lose the important progress

if I understand correctly, this save complete pattern? I mean the sequence of an specific MIDI track / instrument/ and plugins? if so, its awesome feature :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

im very interested in this and sorry for my ignorance, but could I ask you by little help/tip to tell me the steps to save MIDI tracks?

The MIDI tracks are saved within the project file.

If you then open a new Project and then go to “File/Import/Tracks from Project” and select a different Project file you will get a list of the tracks within the target project (Including MIDI) and be able to choose which ones you want to Import to the new Project. It’s a good way of moving everything from a Track/Session to another project.

yes sounds like an aswesome feature! I will try it!