I found this when throwing away disks...lol WL 2

I guess I’ve been rocking with ya’ll for a while. I think I had the floppy installer before this one.

7 Likes

Great, that you still have it! Version 2.02 was my start with Wavelab. I cannot believe this was 26 years ago…

Nils

1 Like

This was WaveLab 1.0… yes, a non-round CD :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

This is unbelievable, but on the latest Windows 11 and on my multi-core machine, I could install this WaveLab 1.0 CD this evening, and playback is even working! :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I was able to install Wavelab 6 on Windows 11. Just have the install emulate Windows 95 and it works. I just did it for a gag. it’s gone now, and of course, I have the latest WaveLab installed.

2 Likes

Now THAT’s some good coding #windozeforthewin

2 Likes

WL6 is running just fine under Win10 directly, haven’t tried Win11 though. WL6 is my all time favorite. I still like the classic UI and I did so many projects with it, back then…

Nils

1 Like

So question, when I was introduced to wavelab, I think I got a copy on floppy disk with my version of Cubase audio. I think it was a demo. Any information on that intro to Wavelab?

At the time I was using cool edit pro and turtle beach’s sample vision. I remember at the time that the main advantage of WL was the absolute speed.

Also I don’t think the other ones were win 95 native. I’ve been trying to find that wavelab floppy…that disk changed my life! :grinning:

1 Like

I think from a magazine cover disk, possibly the German “Keys”. It would have been based on version 2.0, around 2001.

3 Likes

What was the latest version of Wavelab with Hardware Sampler Transmit/Recieve working? Last time I checked the WL6 Sampler dialog was broken and the WL4 CD couldn’t be installed

I have had the original Cubasis 5 (2003 when Steinberg were owned by Pinnacle) running on Windows 7,8 and 10 64bit versions. It includes Easy Electric Guitar and Easy Acoustic Guitar (both working) which are early versions of the much lamented Virtual Guitarist. They run perfectly as VSTs in Cubase 7.5. Just because it’s old doesn’t mean it won’t run on the latest OS! The only thing that wouldn’t run was Cubase 1.

WLfront
I think I still have pretty much everything. This is the packaging of version 1 (I think?), from 1995. Absolutely cool.

And this is the back side.

WL95
1995! So it was already on CD and not on floppy disk! The packaging is empty, I must have stored it somewhere else. But I definitely still have it…" That’s pure nostalgia!

2 Likes

Indeed. Also an excellent indicator of windows generally bending over backward to compatibility. I can still run lots of old sw on my win11, not so much my Mac & that needs updates with OS charges (often paid-for). Try … what was it … the first 2010 WL7 on macOS Sonoma I wonder. …

Since there were no (public) CD burners at that time, a (standard) CD acted as a copy protection :slight_smile:

2 Likes