I just updated to 7.5 how do i load my previous settings?

I cant believe i dont know the answer to this smh. But i assumed it would automatically load my cubase 7 settings.

Thanks

You could copy the settings from version 7, but in order to avoid potential trouble, the best approach is always to re-enter all the preferences manually. I know, it’s a PITA, but it’s better to be safe than sorry…

Oh ok. thank you

Yes, you could copy & paste the xml files from your earlier versions as I did, but as papi61 says, that may lead to some troubles. That may in fact be the source of my current 7.5 troubles, since that’s what I did.

But if you decide to do so, rename your new 7.5 xml files to something different first, so that you can recognize them at a glance should you want to use them again, if you later decide to remove the earlier version ones you copied & pasted.

Personally, I would go with this method from now on >…the best approach is always to re-enter all the preferences manually. I know, it’s a PITA, but it’s better to be safe than sorry…

I installed today the update. The installer successfully captured all my previous settings from Cubase 7.0.6 automatically (templates, presets, recent sessions, preferences, and so on). It was very easy.

Awesome.

Seems funny that it works that way for some but not for others.

Go figure.

Yea didn’t work for me unfortunately …