I Lose Audio when cubase is not in focus

Hi Everyone,

I have looked all over for an answer and I cant seem to find one. I was wondering if i could get someone to shed some light on a problem I’m having.

Basically I have a Focusrite Sapphire 24 Pro hooked up to Cubase artist 6. No problems until I wanted to use the loop back function to record a Pd(Pure Data) patch I created. The loop back works fine I can get the audio into Cubase no problems.

The problem lies in the fact that when I switch to Pd to control the patch (shift window focus) Cubase’s audio drops. What I want to be able to do is have Cubase open and control the PD patch at the same time without losing audio, if i could see the video at the same time that would be amazing, as I want to perform the patch with the footage.

I’m not sure if what is causing the problem is Cubases preferences (looked through them could find anything) or windows 7 or what?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Hmm, roughly… click, Devices->DeviceSetup, uncheck VstAudioSystem->ReleaseDriverWhenApplicationIsInBackground. There’s a pic on page 17 of the manual and more words on Pg18.

Mike.

Spot on…

Its always a little check box isn’t it :laughing: .

Thanks Mike.