I need hypersonic to be downloadable for the MacBook

Hypersonic was one of the best & easy vsts to use. I remember Hypersonic had a lot of cool Guitar , CLAVS ,wah sounds, and some weird sounding leads and synths. I need some of those sounds back, I know they say HaLion is the big brother, but man hypersonic one a big package by itself, then it was easy to use. I need that hypersonic rerun or a 2023 license since I own Absolute /HaLion Sonic package.

I miss Hypersonic, too - but I think we’re both out of luck, because if my memory is correct, Steinberg doesn’t hold the rights to the code anymore, because it included software made by wizoo, who were bought around 2005 by Digidesign, who later became Avid and just a little while ago announced their intent to be bought out by a private equity company.

Fortunately HALion Sonic is the spiritual and technical successor and can pretty much do the same things as Hypersonic and more. It just doesn’t necessarily have the same presets and the same UI.

For many of us, it was a real shame that wizoo ended up where they did, rather than joining Steinberg. It took some years for Steinberg to replace the things they had lost due to that acquisition.

p.s. just bumped into a related SOS review from 2011 confirming some of my own recollection above (but of course HALion Sonic is even so much better now):