I need to hide the rest on beats 3 and 4

Hello, for my trombonist, I would like him to attack the middle C as indicated, then glissando (or portamento) to the D on beat 1 of the following measure.

How do I hide the rest on beats 3 and 4? Thank you.

Screenshot 2026-10-09 at 3.07.49 PM

You could use Edit > Remove Rests, but that will cause some spacing issues in the part layout.

Probably the best solution is to select the rest, toggle on the Color property, click on the color picker, and set the opacity (Mac) or alpha channel (Windows) to 0. That makes the rest invisible.

Alternatively, you could set its Custom Scale property to 1, to shrink it down to a dot, which will be hidden inside the middle staff line.

Thanks, I used the custom scale option.

Why would you not give the player the full duration of the note?
(Just asking)