I Play A Note And Don't Hear It Right Away

I’m sorry but I don’t know how else to describe the problem as I am not a techie. What causes this and how do I fix it? It is driving me crazy. Only started happening on my new 64 bit core 3 16 gig ram computer which should be so much faster than the piece of crap I was working on that gave me no problems at all. The only difference between the hardware is I am now using EWQL libraries which are huge memory hogs. But the problem appears to be on all instruments, even HALion.

This problem is making recording in real time a real pain in the backside. So please, how do I fix this or am I just going to have to live with it?

A couple of links for you.
http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Recording-Forum/Steinberg-Cubase-5-Latency-Reduction-Tips/td-p/29995201

It says cubase 5 but same issue.

Hope these help you.

On the toolbar there’s an icon (upper left corner) that’s for delay compensation. Click on that (if you haven’t already) and give that try.

Without this engaged, it’s nearly impossible to play the keyboards.

Hope this helps,

-Rich

Either switch to direct monitoring if applicable (Ext. instruments) or lower the latency buffer in the ASIO driver (VST Audio System Page). See ‘Monitoring’ in the operation Manual Pg. 118 -.