I think I'm done with Cubase 6...

By the way, have you tried repairing the permissions of your hard drives in Applications → Utilities → Disk Utility ?
That usually solves lots of problems.

Hello Emrah,

Was that the complete crash report or did you shorten it?
Could you send me the complete crash log? Does it crash whenever you do something specific (if yes, tell us what do you do or when it happens) or randomly?

Hello Crothe; I just shorten it. I will send you a full crash rapport via pm. Thanks for you care about me.

There is only one part that I did not test it and it is usbdongle if it couses crashes I dont know. Because I have not only cubase license in my usbdongle. There is Subboombass Predator, Vengaence Multi band Compressor and Metrum kick synthesizer. I only get crashes during playback or exporting any kind of audio with 6.0.2. If it was a minor issue I won’t be writing here I would be happy to wait for next updates. But in the middle of project if it crashes or when the deadline comes to deliver your tracks you feel a huge stress which makes you out of focus on your projects. That’s major problem for me.

For other replies,

Thanks everyone, but there is something obvious that I don’t blame Steinberg. Vice versa I never had/have problems with other cubase versions until 6.0 showed up. I have install it to a clean macosx system and start from begining a few projects. I got crashes.

I won’t blame companies because there are tones of them who does exactly the same job. I would simply change it. This topic is created after 2 months of problem research with a huge dissappointment abou 6.0.

It may be my system it may be cubase software it does not matter as long as I have problems. If my computer working perfectly with any kind of heavy or light programs without crashing or any issue. So what would you think if you were me? %99.9999 of programs are working flawless and cubase crashes.

Won’t you come over here and tell the story?

If I was kinda agressive and irritating with my first message then Im sory. It’s all about loosing around 2000 euro (3 remixes are canceled because of I could not deliver them on time)…

Best
Emrah

Yes I have tried it couple of times. No result.

Last thing I need to control. It’s my licenses and Usb Dongle…

Allright. I have deleted some demos which are expired on my dongle. Now im getting that error while real time exporting: A CPU overload occured during the export. It does not crashing but does not export either. It quit exporting in the middle of project.

But my vsti performance meter is like max %10.

Other than that it crashes.

If I was kinda agressive and irritating with my first message then Im sory. It’s all about loosing around 2000 euro (3 remixes are canceled because of I could not deliver them on time)…

You would not have lost three remixes if you had followed the rule suggested by JBW. I’d like to follow his advice to give you a break but another well aged and fast rule is to never use a new piece of kit, whatever it is, on mission critical work when you’ve just got it out of the box.
Beta tesing is only a part of the development process. After that the customer tests it himself in his own work environment and only when he’s happy it’s the business then he will charge good money to others for it’s use.

A guitarist, say, will always take his brand new axe onstage if he also has his old one as backup.

But think about what you say when you describe yourself as a pro and yet you miss the basics. It does not help your case with others who may also wish to help you. We are just the few who answered so far. There may be others with a solution but have been put off by the tone even though that is quite understandable.

OK, ‘CPU overload during export’ is an old random bug,
which seems to be worse since V6.
Actually, it never happened to me, in earlier versions.
Since V6, I’ve had it a few times ( on PC ).
I could get a flawless export, just by trying again …
Most of the time the 2nd or 3rd attempt was OK.

Does a non realtime export work ( if that is an option, at all ) ?

Any Internet connection, network, active in background ?

bye, Jan

Hi;

I think i am getting closer to the solution. It’s like that. I have created 40 channels track 10 days ago to test cubase 6. all files are one shot wav files or wav loops. 24 bit 44.100. No vst, eq, automation. even volume fader untouched.

It was crashing which is weird. If there is no plugin or any extra fx and if it’s still crashing, then I have no problem with my plugins on cubase I think.

Well I think like that, if there is corrupted wav file it may couses random crashes. So I decided to remove audio channels one by one and export each project to see if there is crashing. When I remove my 3 percussion channels I can export. I can even export when I use vsts. So it seems like there are some corrupted files right? But it’s not like that.

I can use same(if corrupted) files on any kind of daw even cubase 5.5.3. without any problem. I can even export if I remove other channels and try to bounce all three percussion channels( if it was corrupted I wont be able to bounce those files). And When I open other projects they crashes too without even use those 3 percussion channels.

Seems like I am closer than the beginning. But I still can’t solve my problem.

From now, I won’t install anymore windows to see if my cubase is working . Because I don’t want to use windows and spend my time with installation or test. I want to use macosx. So please do not suggest me to use windows. I just want to solve my cubase issue and use my macbook in peace… I’m complating my project with 5.5.3 right now but I purchased cubase 6 to use it.

I have closed any kind of program which was working background wireless blutooth internet connection skype you name it. Still crash…

Language problem.
I was not suggesting to use a PC !
Macs are great, as well.
I just wanted to make clear, that I can only report, what is happening on my PC.
:wink:

bye, Jan

Thank for the help Dada. I really missed to get back to work with my rock solid(I hope) cubase 6 version.

I’ve had troubles like this in the past and all I did was “REFORMAT” my computer
and all was well.

Hope this helps

Jack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If you have a small project file that is crashing your Mac, I would gladly test it on my system for you. That could help narrow down the issues (system, app, etc…)

Thank you for your kindly help. As i mentioned on my previous messages i tried to export
Corrupted files via only 3 channels and yes it worked.
But those files on same project with 30-40 channels couses crash.

My other projects are crashing too. And to see the issues I need to send entire project.

Best
E.

This is a good solution for windows users.Just because im tired of formatting my system I buyed a mac.
I did format my macosx anyway. No solution.

Hello,

Our engineers had a look at the crash log and this is what they said:
“The crash has to do with the old audiowarp algorithm used in older Cubase versions (older than Cubase 6).
The workaround would be to change the algorithm of his older projects to elastique pro.
When creating new Cubase 6 projects from scratch, Cubase uses automatically the new elastique pro algorithm, so this problem should not happen in new Cubase 6 projects.”
Are you using old projects? Are you using musical mode? Are you using audiowarp?

Hi; i appreciated for your helps.

Its not an old project its 6.0.1.

Yes i dont use elastique because of my loops are getting out of sync. I used to switch default algorithm to the standart cubase version.Yes most of my loops are musical mode and some low tempo of them edited by me to work with techno tempos. Im working as loop based mostly.

Hey but this is what cubase designed for. Its a DAW and elastique is my favorite time strech engine which is working perfect on other cheaper simple music programs.
And also while cubase 6 releasing, the prmotion videos told us that we can use our old projects and its compatible with cubase6… Its a feature of cubase thought. But in this case project was 6.0.1.

Best

I wouldn’t say Cubase is designed for loops. It’s much more versatile than that but it is, at it’s roots, more of a recording (studio) tool and I believe there are cheaper and better tools to use for looping. While Cubase will loop I suppose it depends how one handles the loops that will get an optimum performance out of Cubase. Some things it does superbly and some, and maybe this is what affects you, not so well.

In light of crohde’s observations are you loading these loops into a Template? I’m thinking that there may be old elements in a template that may give the “old” cubase impression.

And beware of pointing out to any designer what his machine was designed for. He may disagree and then ignore you. That’s just advice on how to get the best response when you’re in trouble.

Hi Conman. Thanks for reply.

No I don’t use any template or preset to create my tracks. I used to start from sctratch.

If cubase was not designed for my needs I wouldn’t use it. I was definitely happy with my cubase versions other than 6 and I’m still happy with my 5 version. Cubase is the best for me. Best solution for my needs.

I just watched videos, new features and thought that It might be a good step to carry my sound forward. Cubase 6 what I was waiting for. As you can see im pretty new forum member and cubase’s stability was the biggest reason that I was not here. I believe steinberg can help me.

Im so close!

Hi Emrahexe,

The problem was identified and will be addressed in a future maintenance update.