I think I'm done with Cubase 6...

I could not reply the update announcement topic because of server error. Im trying to open a topic now.here;

Dear Steingberg Team;

I have been using cubase since sx3 version and I never had that kind of problems before.I was exited when I saw the update… Well nothing is changed with this update from my side. I have purchased cubase in january and its been 5 months. I still can NOT use cubase 6 proper on my brand new macbook pro and pc desktop win7 32. I have tried everything. Memory test hardware test reinstall both os and cubase on both 32 64 bit mode. It^s still crashing and I feel like my money went to deep sea for nothing. ITS ANNOYING and I cant take this anymore. I have been waiting for this update since february and now I got only a HUGE disappointment with cubase 6. It’s crashing while editing something or during playback or export any kind of audio both realtime or standart and different sample rates. Nope…

It’s too weird because when I use 5.5.3 its working flawless even 50+ channel with full loaded vsti performance. Fast durable and stabile never crashes.with cubase 6 it’s opposite and I just started to loose my “TRUST” to Steinberg and seriously if it continue like that then im going to start looking for another solution than cubase. 5 months to fight with cubase 6 in my studio and wasted times ( installing systems and cubase over and over) made me to loose around 2000 euro…! Thanks.

I hope you understand me and here is the crash rapport. Even your website is crashing nowadays… I just understand the others who avoid of updating their lovely Rock solid 5.5.3 version cubase to cubase 6… I was even going to purchase wavelab because of it’s macosx compatibility but the issues that I am having right now, got me thinking about it.

My system;
Brand new macbook pro
macosx 10.6.7 ( I had never any crash when I use other programs except cubase 6.)
Cubase 5.5.3
Cubase 6.0.2
Fresh installed macosx. No extra vsti vsti etc.

Process: Cubase 6 [4041]
Path: /Applications/Cubase 6.app/Contents/MacOS/Cubase 6 Identifier: com.steinberg.cubase
Version: 6.0.2.291 (6.0.2.291)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [125]

Date/Time: 2011-04-29 16:30:17.891 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J3250)
Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 845628 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 253
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 359 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1
Anonymous UUID: EBC6AD07-467D-4D62-8F46-DD4A96303297

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x94f2117a __kill + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x94f2116c kill$UNIX2003 + 32
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x94fb3879 raise + 26
3 libSystem.B.dylib 0x94fc99b8 abort + 93
4 libstdc++.6.dylib 0x963d5fda __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler() + 433 5 libstdc++.6.dylib 0x963d417a __cxxabiv1::__terminate(void ()()) + 10 6 libstdc++.6.dylib 0x963d41ba __cxxabiv1::__unexpected(void ()()) + 0 7 libstdc++.6.dylib 0x963d42b8 __gxx_exception_cleanup(_Unwind_Reason_Code, _Unwind_Exception*) + 0 8 com.steinberg.cubase 0x014ec2dd CSOLOISTExtendedAnalysis::~CSOLOISTExtendedAnalysis()

somehow I need a solution because steingberg is about loosing a loyal buyer.

Best Regard
Emrah CELIK
http://www.emrahcelik.net

If the website is crashing too it might be something other than Cubase mate…

I do notice that the steiny site seems overloaded at times but that has nothing to do with cubase. That sucks that you can’t get it to work though, i have it installed on an mbp and mac pro and both have worked fine since day one (a little buggy but that is expected). Sorry im no help with the crashing.

This is strange…

For me Cubase 6 has been the best .0 version yes. Also started with SX3.

I assume you have run your hardware tests. Could it be you run C6 in 64bit and so adresses more RAM than C5? Is all your RAM OK?

You should put your system specs in your signature :slight_smile:

This struck me as being odd.
There must be another reason why Cubase crashes in your case.
Maybe a corrupt project, a bad plug-in or an incomplete install download, but crashing on 2 complete different systems with 2 completely different OS’s that can’t be.
If it was that bad with Cubase much much more people would have the same problem.

a lot of people like to try and use their Cubase 5 Template for C6 when they really should start with a C6 new project from the start. This may be your problem. still crashing with a fresh new c6 session?

also i had a faulty memory stick and it did not show up until cubase was pushed hard and then…blue screen. i knew it was my system not cubase as there is no complaints about blue screens here.

why trying to fix problems since C4 when logic works like a charm on a macbook.
I like cubase cause i spend 4k for great vst plugs and instruments and it works most time stable with new projects on win7. But i can understand you, i am not completely in awe with cubase 6.0.2 too.

I wrote brand new macbook pro so that’s expain my configuration thought. For more information it’s 15" core i7 8gb ram. I’m a computer engineer so I would feel if there was any hardware problem. I have tested all kind of part on my macbook. It’s working flawless on my gigs and with other software. So that means I have no problem with my configuration.

I have tried on board core audio or audio 2 dj or focusrite saffire pro 24 dsp to bounce my project. No way. On the half way of exporting it’s crashing.

Yes, Sure i tried to produce a new track on a totally fresh cubase 6 and macosx.

There is crash rapport and it designed to explain something wrong. Cubase programmers should check this IMO.

wow mate i have 50+ tracks in q6 mpc i5, it runs even on heavy plugs and instr flawlessy.Smt bifilter is stuck a bit but thats it.too bad, cause i wanted to say just oppspite, i think im just starting with cubase one long relasonhip

I’m a computer engineer so I would feel if there was any hardware problem. I have tested all kind of part on my macbook. It’s working flawless on my gigs and with other software. So that means I have no problem with my configuration.

I’m a computer engineer too and I would never say it CAN’T be my configuration. There’s too many things to miss or just go wrong.
It’s a pain but you may just have to check the whole system again to see if you have missed anything or something was corrupted on installation. Corrupt computer disks are not unknown.
You could also download new versions in case you had corruption on download.
As stated there are too many working systems and happy customers with C6 straight out of the box not to do another check as you may see from the response. C6 looks to be the most stable release to date after a couple of clunkers in the last 5/6 years.

Because the “overload whatever” bug and the Audio Unit Cash bug in Logic makes the program seem - well, not very professional…

Rule Number 1 in this Forum: “If there´s a problem and I cannot fix it, it´s Cubase´s fault”.
Rule Number 2 in this furum: “It´s never me nor my computer.”
Rule Number 3 in this Forum: “If the problem wasn´t caused by Cubase, applies automatically rule 1.”

I think, I´m going to copy this on some more topics.
And yes, I am being ironic…

Roger

Please send me your Cubase 6 license !

TYVM

Im here to solve my problem not read your useless reply. If you have a solution then show me so I would be happy. But being annoying is something else.

Number 1 : I have been using cubase since sx3 and I never complained about it. Never had problem crashes etc.
Number 2 : I have 2 macbook and 2 desktops So it"s crashing on all system. Yeah it"s not my computer
number 3 : Simply read the other topic so you can see they all got problems.

Number 4 : Be helpful this a support forum. You are not supporting me just being annoying rgiht.
Number 5: Im not stupid or a newbie so If I complain about it there is some exprerinces.
number 6 :Respect the other ppls problem and thoughts.

So;

since cubase 6 released we have been dealing with some serious problems like crashing in the middle of project.We have problems since 6. Not you but WE have. It’s seems like cubase 6 with new eleastique algorithym looks like microsoft’s vista. Updates does not fix some problems yet. I really misses cubase’s stabily…

best

The majority feel this is the best release is years! Before you put all the blame on Steinberg you should try a clean OS installation and check the audio I/O for issues (bad driver or system conflicts).

Personally I’m knocking down 150-200 tracks of Virtual Instruments and Audio Recordings without a crash in months. [not bragging… just saying]

Well … the topic was ‘cleaned up’ …
I.e. : the reported, still unfixed issues erased.

Now we have the best release ever … ( as others say ).

If the majority really thinks that’s true, Steinberg has done everything right :
Focused on users, who do not need

• Transparent Events, to use all the great new editing features
  • a reliable working quantize
  • a flawless solo/mute system
  • clearly visible overlap areas
  • an info line without tenths of wasted black pixels
  • a font that is always perfectly sharp and readable
  • an easy way to access the inspector with the mouse
  • a fast and responsive interface, with large track counts and large numbers of events
  • etc.

There’s a lot to do, to release the V6 potential.
Sadly, they now have to work on other things …

Regarding the original topic :
It has happened, here that all my 3 systems showed the same error,
due to something, I installed on all three systems.
Have Your 4 systems anything in common
( like : sames OS disks used, same 3rd party plugins installed, same add ons installed, etc. ) ?

bye, Jan

C6.0.0 has been the most stable Cubase build I have had since, I got c4 new.

That being said, I still have my fair share of problems.

C6 was working flawlessly until I started to tax my system (and by tax I mean bring my CPU meter above 30%).

I now get crashes on every music production project I do, sometimes worse than others. It is no where near perfect on my system, but useable. I have yet to use a piece of software (for music production) that is as ergonomic as Cubase and I use other DAWs for work (DP and PT); so I deal with it, even when I am ready to smash something.

Here are some issues I notice with C6:

-C6 and 96k do not play nice together

-Sometimes audio files I have imported (and are in my project’s audio folder) get corrupted. When I hit that audio event in the sequence I will crash, and I need to remove it from pool/audio folder to bring stability back to the project.

From what it sounds like, I think it would be in your best interest to go back to the last stable build [for you] of Cubase. You said 5.5.2 was flawless for you, then I would suggest using that and trying a future update with your configuration.

Also, give the guy a damn break, he is having a ton of problems and is frustrated; we all get there sometimes. Everyone gets on posters who quickly blame software, but those same people are also quick to blame the people. Issues arise both ways.

I’ve just finished an hours worth of music for a DVD using cubase 6x64 using lots of V.I’s/plugins/audio and running a QT HD video track no problems at all.

I was a little worried about working to picture with QT HD video on a win 7 x64 machine, but it was seamless.

so it can work.

MC

Hello Emrah,

I will pass your crash report to one of our developers. Maybe they can tell us what’s happening there. :slight_smile: