I want to erase the automated fadeout from an imported MIDI file

Hey all. Im using Cubase Elements 10.5, WIndows 10. All up to date. Pretty fresh install.

The issue I cant find an answer to is that I have a MIDI file I downloaded off the web and I imported it. All good there. The problem Im having is every track has a fade out at the end of the song and I want to get rid of the fade out. Ive been up and down the MIDI dialogue option, but no matter what I do, the fade out is there. Ive also been in the Auto Fade settings for the project. And there is no way to manually erase the fades in MIDI on the event parts themselves that I can figure out.

Ive erased the system track. Ive extracted MIDI Automation (which erases the line graphics that indicate some kind of system data where the fade out occurs, but the fade out still occurs anyway), Frozen MIDI Automation. Ive even manually set the velocities of the notes to maximum. It still fades out.

I tried to access the Line Editor I found in search queries, but I don’t seem to have that function.

If anybody has an answer, I would much appreciate the help. Even if the answer is Cubase Elements will not allow the user to change the information the author wrote into the files.

Thanks

Not sure why if this helps, but ive just done the same thing. I’m new to Cubase and only have elements, but what i found was going in to the track’s Edit window and setting it to display volume events at the bottom will show a slopping set of control points at the end of each track. Just select them and delete them.

In my experience with 3rd party MIDI fies the fade out data is usually written into the file as MIDI CC data for each track, as suggested in the post above.

For each track of the imported project, open it in the MIDI (key) editor + check the controller lanes at the bottom, check for data points in the “expression” and “main volume” CC lanes (sorry I forget the CC#s, but CCs with data are displayed with an asterisk). Other data added by the file author such as program changes, panning, modulation etc can also present some strange results if you’re playing the part with different instruments or patches to the ones the author used, so they sometimes need tweeking a bit too. Hope that helps.