I want to make a drum score with dorico for ipad

I’ve heard that the ipad version of dorico is now available, so I downloaded it.
I’m trying to create a drum score, but I don’t understand it at first sight.
Is it possible to use the free version alone?
I’d like to create a drum score.
Also, I would like to know if there are any manuals on how to create a drum score.
Thank you very much.

Welcome to the forum! Yes, you should be able to create a drum score without too much trouble. Here are some steps to help get you started:

1. In the Hub window, tap Create New at the top.
  2. From the list of categories on the left, tap Empty, then in the middle tap the Empty template.
  3. If you want to make any changes to things like the title and composer or initial time signature, make those changes on the right, then tap Create project at the bottom right-hand corner.
  4. Now you will be looking at an empty project window in Setup mode.
  5. Tap the blue Add single player button in the middle of the display.
  6. From the instrument picker, either tap in the search box and type drum or tap the Unpitched Percussion category in the first column, then scroll to find Drum set (Basic) in the middle column.
  7. Tap the Add button.
  8. Tap the Write button in the toolbar to switch to Write mode.
  9. Tap the note input button in the left-hand Notes toolbox: it’s the button that looks like an eighth note (quaver) with a plus sign next to it. This will make the orange caret appear at the start of the first bar.
  10. Now in the lower zone, where you can currently see the piano keyboard, tap the button next to the guitar button, the one with the four square pads. This will show you the drum pads.
  11. Now you’re ready to start inputting music: choose the note duration with the buttons above the drum pads, then hit the pad corresponding to the drum you want to input for.

That should get you started!

3 Likes