IC gesture released

Yep, interesting development. I’ve seen some cool implementations of this control device and I like how Steinberg is embracing it. If it’ll really prove worthy in a studio environment I don’t know, but at the very least its a cool gadget :wink:

yes indeed looks very interesting but I wonder whether it has multi screen support

I have A leap. Will be interesting to see how this works. So far I find gesturing poor and tiring.

ok be good to see what you think , have you downloaded the app yet , ive just ordered the motion but im trying to find a depth camera at a decent price too :wink:
Let us know jm i’ll be very interested in what you think

Unfortunately, I’m in the Atlanta airport on my way north for a few days. Probably won’t get to try it out until late this week.

The odd thing is saying they want to be “first”, but I was able to do that with Gecko a long time ago via GR. I’m curious if this is similar or better in some way.

yes I saw a topic where you were talking about it and controlling H5?

Yeah, I was showing using it for the track ball. But I have it set through gr for scroll and zoom functions too.

I looked at the Manual for IC and was trying to see if it can be used for MIDI CC control, particularly in an XY type fashion (like Gecko) but didn’t see anything about MIDI CC assignment. I would like to know if it is possible.
J.L.

You can assign it like the AI knob, from what I have read so far.

I just wish I had a depth camera here. At the moment I only own some webcam for Skype chatting, but this will, apparently, change.

Actually I’m a bit in love with the idea… :blush:

It’s cool that Steinberg is onboard with all these new technologies.

It looks very promising, I’ll probably get on of these sensors once the functionality is a bit deeper.
It seems very basic as it is now and doesn’t really speed up the workflow yet.

It would be cool to create your own gestures and assign them to functions and macros. Is this possible or planned?

Please, use proper language.

One can still use buttons, controllers and whatnot.

It is a free app, so I don’t know what the problem is there. If you don’t like, it is your choice to not download it, but as you can see others like the idea.

funny enough this is exactly what I want to use it for … the transport controls , nothing else :wink:

I really like the Idea of being able to make a simple gesture for the transport , it saves having to hit about 6 buttons with my fat fingers , but I have another question ;

Do these work in the dark ?

LOL. did you inhale an excessive amount of solder fumes when you made your summing box? :laughing:

I am so sorry I had to see this quote. Quoted poster is blocked by me of course but the “friend/foe” system fails when quotes are shown.Impossible to believe that the Idiots that moderate this forum allow this kind of speech in 2013. I’m not even gay but no different than saying the N word or jew or nazi.

Yes, mods… how would “F-ing Nazi” sound to you?? Would you finally get off your dumb asses and see there is a problem? Dont you imagine musicians that are gay reading the forum. How would they feel?? Over the years you dolts have allowed one poster to singlehandedly inhibit diversity by uncontrolled “popping off” with hateful speech.

I’m black and ashamed to be part of a forum that allows this and I’m done. Better without me I can’t go forward here.

EDIT forum software changed NZ to hippie. Guess they look out for their own. The word is the name of the German Party during 2nd world war

I was happy to see you post this. I agree. I also get that Steve F probably is horsing around.

I will opine that the post could have been edited by a moderator to delete the offending words. A reprimand while leaving the post unedited gives a sort of unintended weak approval.

edit-@Mr M – I should have read more entirely your post… I sure don’t agree with your estimation of the people who moderate the forum. Completely gratuitous and not nice imo.

Back on topic- I had a Leap for about three weeks, and like JMCecil said above, using it for gestures and commands was really tiresome. I was reminded of the early days of voice recognition. Great wow factor though, and large movements for CCs did work.

I found it humorous in the video that it said “Feel like an orchestra conductor”

Mr M, I am really sorry that you have been ashamed to be part of this forum. Don’t worry! There is no need for that anymore as I have changed it.

On a more general note, I can’t believe that a free tool no one is forced to use and that is simply a bit of research and development on our side creates such useless comments.

you Americans have yet again disrupted my thread and turned it into complete nonsense , sort them out please ED ,this is really unacceptable.

Back on topic
Im really looking forward to receiving my leap motion today to give it a whirl and if the apps is free then all the better !