IC PRO on IPAD and WINDOWS 10 ?

Hello everyone and happy new year to all!

Anyone could tell me if it’s possible to run IC PRO on an ipad aire 2 to control cubase 9 on windows 10 64bit?

Unfortunately windows 10 as window 8 has not the option to setup a wireless ad hoc computer to computer any more.
There is the possibility to create an ad hoc manually using the command prompt, as shown on this link:

But, unfortunately doesn’t work for me.

I achieved to establish connection using the wireless network connection, but I dont want to connect to internet every time I use cubase, also because is really slow.

I installed sky remote and everything is up and running on cubase.

Anyone could tell me if there is a way of establish connection without going trough internet, or if there is a effective ways to setup a wireless ad hoc connection on windows 10?

I see that some users are running this app on IPAD using windows 10.

Maybe is possible to connect via cable?
Please help!

Thanks a lot

Francisco

You don’t need an Internet connection, but you do need the Ipad and Cubase host computer to be on the same network. I use Ipad’s to control Cubase on Win10 64 bit with no trouble at all, but I have my own internal network set up, with WiFi, and my router settings control which computers are permitted to connect to the Internet.

Hello,
Thank you so much for your replay,
Could you give me a link or something to do the setup my self?
I’m so sorry but I don’t understand so much about this network connections.
Maybe to tell me step by step what to do on win 10?

The process is the same, regardless of operating system. You need a network set up…The host computer (the computer running Cubase) needs to be connected to a router. Your iPad needs to be connected to the same router/network (via WiFi). As long as everything is connected to the same network, follow the instructions in the IC Pro and SKI Remote documentation, and you should be fine. There’s no specific set-up as far as networking goes, other than to make sure the host computer and iPad are connected to the same network. IC Pro will search for the host computer on it’s own (note…Cubase needs to be running before you start IC Pro). Whether or not the router is connected to the Internet, or whether or not you have the security settings of the router set up to allow or deny specific machines Internet access (assuming the router has an Internet connection) shouldn’t make a difference.

By the way, I just noticed you have a Fireface. The Fireface can be controlled remotely with your iPad (or Android device as well) too, via OSC. The setup is a little more in-depth than what it is for IC Pro, but it works very well. I use the TouchOSC app, and RME has pre-designed layouts that import right into TouchOSC. Works great! If you haven’t already checked it out, search it on the RME forums. Being able to control both the Fireface and Cubase remotely is great if you’re recording yourself.

Ok Thanks so much, I already kind of new that, my question is more directed to which kind of network should I create,
If I go to Network and sharing center- Setup a new connection or network - then?
Is very important not to connect to internet, so it is possible to create a network connection that only communicate both machines without going through internet on win 10?

Thanks a lot

Don’t worry about creating a separate network for Cubase and IC Pro. If you have a router already setup in your home for WiFi purposes, just use that. Most routers will have settings where you can allow a given machine (via MAC Address) access to the internal network, and not allow that same machine access to the Internet. Control your access to the Internet that way…It’ll be easier.

OK great!
I will try that! thanks a lot my friend

Just one more thing,
I had to go back to win 7 last week cause nowbody replied,
This is why I can’t just try it, but I have a question before trying, is the conection fast, coes my internet and cable box is far from my studio.
You think I will experience delay?
Also what do you think about win 10, worth changing from 7 to 10?
Thanks
Signal is

I’m not sure you’re understanding the difference between an internal network and the Internet (unless you and I are just using different terminology to say the same things). When you use IC Pro, you should not be using the Internet. If you have a router hooked to your cable modem (or your cable modem has a built-in router), that router is creating it’s own “network” within your house (or within the router’s “reach”, if it’s WiFi enabled). Whether you connect to that router with a cable or via WiFi, the connection to the router has nothing to do with the Internet. Once you are connected to the router (and part of that “network”), you then have access to the Internet via that router’s connection to the cable modem, but the Internet access and router connection, while all happening within the router, are two different things. IC Pro and your host computer are connected to the network, and the communication between the two is happening within the router’s network. The Internet is not involved. That being said, the connection is only going to be as fast as your WiFi connection will allow, so distance will play a factor to some extent. It’s only a control signal though, so it’s not like you’re sending gobs of data. Even an average WiFi signal should be sufficient. Note…The OS shouldn’t make a noticeable difference here. It’s about setting the network up properly, not the OS.

As far as Win 10 versus Win 7, it’s probably more of a personal preference than anything else. I was on Win 7 for several years, and I waited until Win 10 was out for about a year before I switched to it. I seem to get slightly better performance out of Win 10, but not dramatically better. Both versions were very stable for me, but I have my studio computers tweaked out fairly well, so that’s probably as much to do with good machine maintenance as it does the OS itself. The biggest thing with Win 10 for me (besides letting everyone else work out the bugs), was making sure drivers were available for all of my gear. It took a while for many manufactures to get around to creating Win 10 drivers.