iCloud Dorico Folder not visible

I have saved 2 test projects to the iCloud on my iPad Pro and can see them in the Hub under the iCloud Tab. But, these files and the Dorico folder are not visible in the Files app or on my Windows PC iCloud folder or the iCloud Drive on the web! Am I doing something wrong?
I have the preferences set to iCloud save as default as suggested in a previous post.

Unfortunately we sometimes hear reports of this problem, and I’m not sure what the solution is on Windows to get the Dorico folder inside iCloud Drive to appear. If you sign in to iCloud in your web browser and look at the contents of your iCloud Drive there, do you see the Dorico projects?

Hi Daniel,
The Dorico folder or projects do not appear in the iCloud Drive in my web browser or in the Files app on my iPad. So, not surprising that they do not appear on my Windows PC either!

Two thoughts:

1.) It’s possible the iPad hasn’t synced the files yet (sometimes syncing can take frustratingly long)
2.) iCloud client on windows is infuriating and unreliable. It takes its sweet old time deciding if/when it will sync. I often cannot properly cause files to sync either windows laptop to cloud or cloud to laptop.

Andy, I don’t suppose you have a Mac computer amidst your devices, do you? We’ve heard some reports that running Dorico on Mac and choosing to save a project into iCloud Drive from the Mac version can be enough to prompt the Dorico folder to start showing up inside iCloud Drive on other devices.

Unfortunately, I do not have a Mac computer. I do not have problems syncing other files via iCloud. I have imported files created on my workstation in Dorico 5 Pro into the iPad Dorico. I just want to be able to edit the files on both machines.
Maybe a re-install might work?

A slight update on the last post. I created a folder in iCloud on my Windows laptop. Copied a Dorico file to it and imported it into Dorico-for-IPad. I can edit the file on both machines and it syncs between them in a couple of seconds. But it only appears in the hub under recent documents. It is just the Dorico folder which is invisible to everything except the iPad hub.

Be careful if you attempt this. Deleting the dorico app will delete the files too, so you could lose your music if it isn’t showing up elsewhere.

2 Likes

Yes, if you delete and reinstall Dorico for iPad from your device, any projects that are saved in the application’s own container will be deleted and it won’t be possible to recover them. Projects that are saved in iCloud Drive, on the other hand, are safe.

Thanks for the warnings, but I didn’t have anything worth saving - only test files.
I have tried re-installing twice. No luck!
I can see the local Dorico folder in files but despite changing the default save to iCloud in preferences no folder appears. The files show in the iCloud tab in the Hub - but nowhere else!

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused. You could make your own custom folder in your iCloud Drive in the Files app on your iPad, and then open projects from there, rather than from Dorico’s hub?

It seems that is the only solution at the moment.
Maybe the next iOS update might help! :woozy_face:

I created this shortcut to backup my ipad dorico folder to icloud.

It puts the backups in /Dorico Backups/[todays date]/Documents

You might need to create a folder in iCloud called “Dorico Backups”

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/f2dd9ebe0ab24880a77673645df01854

Thanks for the advice.
I will definitely look into this.

Hi - in case it’s of interest here is my experience (in the end successful) over the last couple of days of trying to get the iCloud Dorico folder visible on my (old) iPad 6th generation/Windows 11 PC (and other devices).
Initially I could not see the iCloud Dorico folder via the files app on either iPad or iPhone or iCloud.com or iCloud app on Windows laptop.
I tried (several) re-installs of Dorico (noting advice from, eg, Daniel Spreadbury, not to do this without backing up files) plus signing out and back in to iCloud on iPad, uninstall/reinstall iCloud on Windows, without success.
However updating to latest version of iPad os did end up generating the Dorico folder on iPad (visible in the files app), but still not visible on iPhone, iCloud.com or Windows iCloud app. Probably should have done that first… Needed to go via iTunes to do it though.
Then signing out of iCloud on iPad and back in again made Dorico folder visible on iPhone, iCloud.com, but not Windows.
Uninstall and Reinstall of iCloud app on Windows PC has now made Dorico folder available on laptop. I suspect my previous attempt at uninstalling and reinstalling the iCloud app on Windows had not been successful - so if I’d left that well alone I probably would not have needed this step.
So I am now fully synched - May be useful to someone.
Geoff D.

1 Like

Hi Geoff,
Thanks for the info. I will try and do similar and see what happens! I haven’t used Dorico on iPad recently, partly due to this issue so maybe, it might get me back into using it more.

Andy