ID3v1 and ID3v2 input metadata

If Cubase 12 can not accommodate ID3v1 and ID3v2 metadata how can I add it once I export the rendered wave file.

I did a quick Google search and came up with a plethora of applications and tools that can add ID3 data to .wav files. You can use Windows File Explorer if you’re on a Win machine.

What is your specific use case?

Just getting ready to release a CD of original music (my first) and trying to understand the whole process. The ID3 metadata in Cubase 12 only seems to be there when exporting MP3s. It doesn’t cover performing rights, writer producer etc.

There is no need to have ID3 metadata in wave files if the object is to produce audio CDs. Metadata on audio CDs is stored in the Red Book and typically added by the mastering engineer along with the ISRC.

mlib, thanks for your input and now understand a little better metadata for wave, however I do export Mp3’s (backing tracks to my OnSong for stage use) and I still have an issue with the ID3 set up tag window. It lacks the choice or input of genre. The genre that’s in the list is totally incomplete and there doesn’t appear to be a way to add a genre. Another issue is, none of the data entered in this tag seems to be saved with the CPR. If for any reason a later modification is done to the work, on exporting a new MP3 the data has to be entered again. cheers