If I download cubase elements 11 full version, will it replace my cubase elements 10.5?

Hey there. I can’t find anywhere that sells an upgrade from Cubase elements 10.5 to Cubase elements 11. If I just buy the full version of elements 11, will it replace 10.5 and will I lose anything in the transition?

Hi and welcome,

No, these are 2 independent applications. Your Cubase Elements 10.5 application will remain after any other Cubase installation.

Can you not purchase the update directly from the Steinberg shop?

Cubase: Your guide to music production | Steinberg

The update will convert your license but, as Martin says, you will not “lose” anything. You will still be able to run 10.5, if necessary.

Hi,

If you buy a full version, you will get 2 licenses. So you can activate every single license to a dedicated computer. So you would have 2 computers with Cubase Elements licenses (one would be Cubase Elements 10.5, another one would be Cubase Elements 11). But this is probably not your goal, if you are asking if your Cubase Elements 10.5 remains.

If you buy an update, your Cubase Elements 10.5 license will be replaced by Cubase Elements 11 license. So you will still be owner of one license, Cubase Elements 11 in this case.

i keep getting this objection in the elicensor,

Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect a USB licensor, which holds an appropriate upgrade license, to your computer.

So I think I had an option when purchasing between Soft and USB licensor , looks like ive chosen the wrong one. Anyone know how to request a swap from Steinberg?

Hi and welcome,

Are you sure you bought the right update? If eLCC is asking for the USB-eLicenser, my expectation is, this is upgrade to Cubase Artist or Pro.

definetly a elements 11 update from AI 10.5 it was very cheap like $44 AUD
so I’m not expecting much to change, but I would be very happy if its artist or pro. (sadly not - well not yet, i will get there one day)

Hi,

Make sure you enter the Activation Code, you have generated in your MySteinberg, not the Download Access Code, you (probably) received.

Is your AI 10.5 license listed on the Soft-eLicenser when you open the eLCC application?

in a word - yes

yes using acvtivation code not the D-load code