IK Multimedia MODO DRUM crashes Cubase

Hello. I am a Cubase user. Last month I bought MODO DRUM & MODO BASS VSTi from IK Multimedia. MODO BASS works fine, but MODO DRUM turns off my Cubase instantly. I tried the VST and VST3 versions in Cubase 10, 11 and 12… with the same result.
Any help here?
Thanks

Windows 10 Pro. 64 bits.
Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.60 GHz
24,0 GB RAM

Hello…I just tried ModoDrum and everything worked and Cubase didn’t crash.

1 Like

Yes I tried it the other day and it works fine. Deleted it now as it’s nowhere near as good as SD3. Have you rebooted since installing?

1 Like

Yes, I have rebooted and reinstalled several times… still crashes Cubase instantly.
It works fine in stand alone version… and I have just installed Reaper and MODO Drum seems to work fine on it… bit not with my Cubase…

1 Like

I’m having the same trouble here too. When I try to load MODODRUM into Cubase Pro 12, it just brings up a white UI for the plugin, and then locks up.
My Firewall is disabled, and I’ve reinstalled both Cubase and MODODRUM. I can also confirm your findings that MODOBASS works fine in Cubase, and that BOTH these work fine in Reaper.
I’m no further forward in finding a solution though.

Everything worked fine until I installed the latest 12 update.

EDIT: Addictive Drums 2 does the same.

1 Like

SOLVED

Hi. I’ve had a day of trying things out, and found a solution on my system.
I use a dual monitor setup with a WAVLINK 5K interface. I completely disconnected my laptop from this, and using just the laptop, opened Cubase Pro12, loaded both MODODRUM and AD2 (the two VSTs that caused my crashes) into a project. They loaded perfectly.
I then reconnected the WAVLINK and dual monitors, ran Cubase again, loaded up the saved project and hey presto - it worked.
I then tried to create new projects and use these VSTs - all is good here now!
HTH you guys.

1 Like