Image Construction Error

I’m getting this error message on some of my audio tracks. The audio plays back, but it’s a bit un-nerving. This happen when I open the project in Nuendo 8 also.
Only happening on this project (so far)
I tried re-saving under a different name to no avail.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ernie

Win or mac?

Had the same issue myself on a few projects (along with many others!)

This is what Steinberg replied to my initial support request with. I didn’t follow these steps, as the problem just stopped, but here you go.

initialise the preferences of Cubase by performing these steps:

• Close all programs.
  • Open the ‘Run’ command prompt.

Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously.

\

• In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
  • Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example ‘Cubase 8’.
  • Rename it (for example to “Cubase 8 hidden”) in order to hide it from Cubase.
  • Important: If you find folders of previous Cubase versions, make sure to hide or remove them, too.

Next time you start Cubase, a new folder with fresh preferences and default settings will be created - which hopefully fixes the problem you’ve experienced.

Preferences that you have grown accustomed to and that have taken a lot of time to configure - the key commands (Key Commands.xml) for instance - can be copied from the inactive folder to the newly created active preferences folder at a later point.

Sorry Windows.

Thanks, will try

Tried trashing the preferences but it did not bring back the images.

Anyone have any more ides about this?

Open Cubase open the project open the pool and right click, chose “Show in Explorer”
Go one level up to the root of the project.
There is a folder that is called “images”, in that folder there are .peak files.
Move the problematic ones (or all of them) to somewhere you can find them again.
Close project, and load the project again, the .peak files should be recreated now.