Import audio files?

Are there any plans to make it possible to import audio files into a project? (ie as with video)

Quite often I write arrangements for existing recordings and it’d be so helpful if I just could play the audio track together with the music in Dorico.

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s on the roadmap, but the Team has not announced a target date for it. So at this point attaching the audio track to a mock video is the only way to attach it to a Dorico project.

At the same time, the appearance of the metronome button on John Baron’s build of the upcoming version suggests that the Team is laying the groundwork for this audio capability even if it is not included in the upcoming update.

That could very well be true, but the metronome could quite simply be there because it is essential to MIDI recording, which will also be implemented.

This is what I was presuming also (ie. the purpose of the metronome being more for real-time MIDI record). I should add that attaching my desired stereo audio to a static video image has worked extremely well for me for multiple projects now (in the meantime)…
Best!
D.D.

Personally, I’m more expectant of a way to sync clocks. The team has stated that ReWire is probably not on the cards; I really hope that they will not (for whatever reasons) limit that eventual feature to Steinberg products… To get these types of tasks done right, it is much easier to do the tempo mapping in a good DAW, instead, and sync Dorico to that master.

I’m sure it’s on the roadmap, but the Team has not announced a target date for it. So at this point attaching the audio track to a mock video is the only way to attach it to a Dorico project

Thanks Derek! Tried importing an audio file inte iMovie and then export, works fine for now. :+1:

And btw, I didn’t ask about midi recording or metronomes in this post…:nerd_face: