I don’t do this very often but I seem to recall if I import a midi file (initial Cubase 6 release) with Halion Sonic SE as the destination, as setup in the Options - Midi File page, the tracks load and the correct voices are present in the Halion Sonic ‘Multi Program Rack’. When ‘play’ is pressed the midi file plays immediately with the correct voices.
After installing the 6.0.2 update this no longer happens. If I import the midi file with the above settings nothing gets loaded into the Halion Sonic Multi Program Rack, as confirmed by opening the Halion Sonic from the Inspector ‘Edit Instrument’ box. If I then press ‘play’ one of two things happen, either it plays a voice in Track 1 called ‘First Contact’ which sounds like a dying Cow or it loads the voices causing an audio stutter at the beginning of the song - I must stress this only occurs after pressing play for the first time, once the voices are loaded subsequent replays are fine.
I have tried a variaty of midi files just in case the author applied some strange settings, but it happens on all the midi files I imported. I have tried it with Options - Extract First Patch ticked and unticked, it makes no difference.
Is this a fault or how its supposed to operate