Import .srt files for ADR session

Hi,
I’ve got a series of .srt files and wonder if there’s a way to import them into the ADR tool. I’ve tried to convert them to .csv but timecodes are translated as milliseconds… Does anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks for your help and insight,

Thomas

If you’re on Windows, you can grab a copy of Subtitle Edit and there’s a CSV export template specifically for Nuendo. You can load in your .srt, do a Save As and at the bottom of the save window select “Csv Nuendo” as the type. I just tried (loaded up a csv from Subtitle Edit) and it seems to have worked just fine. NOTE: You’ll want to go into SE’s Options > Settings and on the General tab set the “Default frame rate” to the framerate your project/video BEFORE opening the SRT file, as they do not contain framerate information and SE will do the conversion from ms to frames using the default rate as a reference.)

OK, so I was a little bored and I made this simple web-based converter.

3 Likes

Hi ManChicken

that’s simply great!!! Since I’m not on Windows I tried various steps like doing the frame conversion in Excel and then bring it all back to txt a.s.o… But your web-based converter is absolutely wonderful!

Thank you so much for this - will you keep it up and/or are you thinking of making an app out of it? I think there might be a couple of customers :wink:

Thomas

Thank you :slight_smile:

Glad it’s useful. I will leave it there indefinitely!

:slight_smile: THANK YOU!

Thanks also for useful tool!

Many thanks! Your work removes the problem for many of us!

This online tool is really fantastic - I can’t imagine that one day it might no longer be accessible. In the meantime, have you thought about publishing this tool as an app? I would be your first customer!

Tool is awesome.

I found this also (convert .vtt or .webvtt to .srt):

GitHub - AhmedOS/VTT-to-SRT-Converter: Convert WebVTT subtitles to SubRip.

It would be awesome if Nuendo could support WebVTT natively.

Thank you for putting together this tool, saved me loads of time now and in the future. I hope and pray that it stays online.

Cheers

Glad it’s getting good use!

@compositor WebVTT are almost identical to SRT files, I made a small tweak and the site should read VTT files now too if you want to give it a try.

1 Like