Trialling cubase 14 pro to see if I can successfully move from pro tools. Everything has been great until I try to use ‘import tracks from project’ or use ‘track archives.’ When trying to import anything but audio files the window keeps randomly closing once it loads the project in question, I’ve tried numerous projects to import and numerous track archives and cubase isn’t crashing, just the import window closes. Trashing the preferences seems to fix it but then I lose all my key commands and preferences that I spent last week setting up, adding them back in seems to cause the issue again but again it seems random, no specific preference seems to cause the issue. I’m running windows 11 and the latest version of cubase 14 pro on a 12900k CPU 128GB Ram pc.
I live and die by my templates so fixing this would be amazing.
You can save most of your preferences with the Profile Manager in Cubase.
Maybe try to reset your preferences and import your Profile afterwards. This way you might have all you need to keep and at the same time get rid of the part of the preferences that have gone rogue.
yeah I’ve done this but it is still playing up randomly. Unfortunately it’s getting worse though now, I can’t even change preferences in preference menu without that shutting. It’s becoming quite frustrating lol. even on default profile this happens
Came back to this this morning, downloaded a trial of Cubase 13 pro in case it’s a version problem. Tried to import a demo project track from Mendel in case the projects I’d corrupted the sessions of my own, unplugged the peripherals, still have the issue of import windows closing. I think my next port of call would be a totally fresh install of cubase