IMPORTANT FEATURES REQUEST For Wavelab 10

I am evaluating Wavelab as an alternative to Pro Tools for Mastering and I really like everything I see except for the slot limitation.
The Playback section is FIXED in two slots!
If I run MetricAB and Sonar Works there is no space for anything else!
In Pro Tools, it is clunky, but I can cascade AUX tracks to my hearts content with no such limitations.And I can reserve a full 10-slot AUX track just for monitoring.
I agree with the suggestions at the beginning of this thread. This has the potential to be a very professional tool. The metering options are just great!
Wavelab needs to be more customizable in the signal flow and allow for side chains.

The Playback section is FIXED in two slots!

No! 12 slots. See the “+” button

But the Playback Processing section is limited to 2 slots right?

I also think that a few more slots would be welcomed in this area.

Yes. For which case do you need more than 2?

Well, I think that is what the other person (receng) was asking about. He/She uses MetricAB and Sonarworks which doesn’t leave room for anything else.

At my main studio I really just need one slot (for Clarity M) but at my home studio, I was running low on slots but I solved it another way by getting another RME AES card and adding some hardware Dorrough meters instead of using the Waves Dorrough and the plugin version of Flux Pure Analyzer, so it’s closer to my main studio setup now.

I do think increasing to at least 4 slots would go a long way.

I can picture using an Ambisonic decoder, a room equaliser, and a meter.

Paul

PG, I asked for this a few months ago. I use Clarity Meter, Sonarworks and need another slot for MetricAB. I agree that 4 slots is a good number.
Robert

+1

Please improve specific WL Plug-ins
leveller
Peak Master
Stereo Expander

thanks

What do you want improved in Leveler and Peak Master?

i love theese tools
they are very usefull for me
i hope a new graphic guy
with more functions

thankx :wink:

VIDEO

Or each track?

Get Vegas. Problem solved. We do NOT need VIDEO editing in WL.

We do NOT need VIDEO editing in WL

Not Video editing, but Audio Editing along a Video reference would be welcome.

For me, video reference is the #1 feature request for WL, I had to buy Reaper just for that, would love to use WL if there was a way to reference video per audio clip.

Hi there!

I would like to place some suggestions of my own (I did read through most previous post, but excuse me if I missed ones):

1.) Master Rig works & sounds great, but I would love to see a possibility to add external 3rd party VSTs directly within the Master Rig (as in Ozone). I currently have a workaround which I am sure others are using to: Master Rig #1 (without Limiter / Maximizer). Then use 3rd party VSTs in regular slots. Then use Master Rig #2 (with Limiter / Maximizer). Would be more elegant if I could stay within MasterRig, for the following reasons 1.) Use less resources 2.) Save presets within Rig (incl. 3rd party VSTs) 3.) Easy A/B or Mute of master section. If that cannot be done without compromising the quality and efficiency of the existing signal chain, then I guess the current method will have to stick. I guess adding external hardware support within the rig might be a little challenging, but definitely nice. In the optimal case, the Rig would then also function as a plug-in slot extension = Internal RIG VSTs + 3rd Party VSTs + External Hardware.

2.) Can you add some more sonic flavors and / or algorithms in the Limiter section of the Master Rig?

3.) A fast & intelligent way of A/B ing audio files would be awesome (its mentioned in the first post). Since I have more then one master final, maybe possibility of referencing more masters against one source file. I understand that its possible within a montage project or within DAW tracks, but the important thing here is one-click button action without any pause or artifacts. The A/B ing needs to happen while the song keeps on flowing. Anyone who processes files would benefit from such a feature, not just mastering engineers. I understand that 3rd party plugins are out there that do the task; but its such a basic but important workflow feature that I simply believe it should be part of WL (without a steep learning curve and without much hassle to call up). It would be such a time saver and help speed up decision making processes’.

4.) More control of the file list export feature (txt, PDF aso) would definitely be nice, but not a deal-breaker if not included (;

5.) Solo features in Master Rig multiband EQ not only when you make changes but also for individual bands.

6.) Option to import Cubase Plugin Manager folder structures, Plugin Categories and Settings for VST Plugins. It would be useful to have one plugin manager that works for both Cubase and Steinberg. There is no option (either in Cubase or Wavelab) to store notes or comments or ratings for individual plugins. I do like the favorites icon (crown) option in Wavelab…

Very curious to see when WaveLab 10 will be released and what features will eventually be included. Good luck to Philippe and the whole developing team!

Cheers

Manual dB input in the text input element in Master Rig is good. Would be great if direct input would work as smoothly also in the rest of Wavelab. Especially when you enter negative numbers, such as -0.5 db (Level). Some of the knobs in the Master Rig are very small, a little hard to read and its also a little difficult to make small increment changes, which in Mastering is important.

Exactly! I often master music that will also be delivered with video. If the final product has video, working all the time without seeing it is, to say the least, awkward… But, since I won’t give up working in Wavelab, I do it all the time…
One video per montage would already go a long way!

On the topic of video support/playback, I’d suggested to PG to look into this 3rd party VST video player:- VidPlayVST.com - Home

It works fine in Cubase for example but WL currently won’t permit it to load/operate - because the plugin presents itself as a VST Instrument (not a VST Effect) to the host and this is not allowed in WL.

Its got pretty comprehensive codec/format support built in, which is always a good thing, right… :smiley: Enabling support for this seemed like it would be the least amount of ‘grief’ for PG to take on; but hey-ho - we’ll have to wait and see. Maybe there’s an even better built-in solution coming… :wink: