Imported Project From Previous Version Weirdness

I’m having a problem with several CPRs. I’ve had similar issues with previous updates/upgrades…

1. Load an 8.03 CPR

2. Several VSTis do not play… for no apparent reason OR a track will be muted OR a track will be at an obviously incorrect gain.

3. Tweaking -something- on each track (eg. automating volume) ‘fixes’ it during playback.

4. But then the initial Audio Export is missing tracks OR the track will again be at an obviously incorrect gain.

5. Re-Export Audio seems to ‘fix’.

In short… the imported file seems to not be ‘read in’ properly, so I can’t trust the new version.

Now… the commonality with all these problem CPRs is that they were originally created in older versions, eg. C4 or C5. Over the years, I keep importing into new versions.

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE IMPORT PROCESS GETS INCREASINGLY CONFUSED BY SUBTLE CHANGES IN FILE FORMAT WITH EACH SUCCESSIVE IMPORT TO A NEW VERSION.

CPRs started from the current version NEVER exhibit the above behaviours.

This does not make me happy as -most- of my work is updated/re-purposed as months/years go by.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, I’d like to pool info to report formally to SB.

TIA,

—JC

When I load up a CPR made in an old version, definitely pre V7, probably SX (!), it simply crashes (v8.0.3) straight away. Very annoying. All works fine in V7.5. There is a solution at least for my problem, and that is to load another working project into V8, then open the problem project as a 2nd project without activation, then activate it. It doesn’t crash then, and it works fine, but obviously this is a pita for workflow. This solution might work for you suntower. BTW, saving again from V8 doesn’t fix the problem for me.

Mike.

I think I have an issue that is based on the same problems.

Since I started using Cubase (LE4) I always save my projects to the desktop.

Now when I open a Cubase Pro 8.3 folder, the files don’t open but I get taken to the Hub, where I have to search for the relevant folder!!

This is not at all and aid to workflow and, in all prior versions from LE4, it has worked successfully, so why change?

Another issue as all my prefs and KC’s were trashed with the 8.5 install, and again, that has never happened with an upgrade!!

Jim B