Importing a new part

Hello. I imported my midi from Logic. It’s piano and two vocal parts. The second vocal part doesn’t start until bar 132. I’d gotten everything perfect up to measure 131 and then noticed that the bars for Vocal 2 were completely out of alignment and crazy. So I deleted the part and tried to re-import Vocal 2. It’s now in it’s own flow and I can’t figure out how to put it back into the original flow. All I need is one flow with piano and the two vocal parts. Please help! My brain is melting and I have to get this work done.

Sorry to hear you’ve been having problems! At the moment, as you’ve found, there’s no way of re-importing just some MIDI data into an existing flow (you can sort of do it by dragging and dropping from a region in Cubase onto Dorico’s Play mode, if you have Cubase, but you’re using Logic anyway). This is something we are planning to change in a future version of the software.

In the meantime, copying and pasting the material from the second flow into the first is probably your best bet.

1 Like

Thank you. I was so tired I couldn’t figure out anything. Copy and paste didn’t work the first few times I tried last night, but this morning worked like a charm. Thank you so much.