Importing drum tracks from project deletes tracks in current project.

When importing drum tracks from a project using “select matching” (yes, the tracks have the same name exactly and “events and parts” is unchecked), Cubase deletes tracks in current project and creates new tracks as well as importing the settings to the tracks in the current project (while actually deleting the parts)… The workaround is to re import the the drum tracks and “reuse” them from the pool, then delete the duplicated tracks.

Hi,

As far as I know, Cubase creates a new Track Version and place the Audio events to the new version. Your old data is stored in the other Track Version.

I’m not importing audio files (events), just the settings. Yes, I guess Cubase a new track version but deletes all my audio parts as you can see in the pics.

Hi,

Could you share both projects (without Audio files, I need the project structure), please? I would like to try to reproduce it here.

Hi,

I know, where the problem is, now. The problematic part is the importing of the folder. If you wouldn’t import the folder, then it would work as expected.

In fact the data stays in the original track, but the settings is imported to the new track in the folder.

Reported to Steinberg CAN-27646.

1 Like

Confirmed! Everything works as expected if I just don’t load the folder track. Thanks Martin!

1 Like