Importing from Cubasis

Hello people

My workflow for importing form cubasis into cubase 7 is as follows:

I share my song from cubasis on the ipad via the zip option.
i go into i tunes and transfer my shared files over to my pc
i unzip the files on my pc
i open cubase 7 and go to file, import cubasis project
when the folder opens for the file opens for the first time everything works fine.
i then save the project as a cubase file and close.
when i reopen the file all my audio and midi tracks appear in the arrange window but i get no ound.

The only way i can get sound is to manually transfer all the audio files into the audio folder within my cubase project folder then delete the original files.

Is this normal?

Thank you in antisipation of any help offered.

Do you really have to go to these lengths to make an Apple device release its data?

This SHOULD be:

Attach iPad to your computer by USB.
iPad shows as external drive. Locate Cubasis data directory. Locate Project folder. Copy it across.
That’s all.

Why would anyone choose a system that prevents this sort of thing?

Maybe there’s a reason why Android tablets are up 164% compared to last year and iPads down -14%… :wink:
Now if only the people at Steinberg would wake up and smell the coffee… They’ve been promising iC/iC Pro for Android for 8 months but they don’t seem to be capable of delivering it. Maybe it’s time to start developing Cubasis for Android…

Maybe there’s a reason why Android tablets are up 164% compared to last year and iPads down -14%… > :wink: >
Now if only the people at Steinberg would wake up and smell the coffee… They’ve been promising iC/iC Pro for Android for 8 months but they don’t seem to be capable of delivering it. Maybe it’s time to start developing Cubasis for Android…

I’m sure you’ve heard about the Android latency problem, but here’s a great article explaining it (p.s. it hasn’t changed much since this article and JB 4.1 were released): Android, High-Performance Audio in 4.1, and What it Means - Plus libpd Goodness, Today - CDM Create Digital Music

If there’s one thing Apple did right, it’s low-latency audio within iOS.

Android is not the way to go. Too many uncontrollable background services running. Too much overall lag. I would like to see Cubase running on Win8/x86 tablets with a touch friendly UI - like Cubasis, but with the same Cubase 7 engine.

BTY - I use a Nexus 7 as my tablet of choice, but would buy an WIN8/x86 based tablet if Cubase was usable on one.

I agree, that the workflow from Cubasis to Cubase and back is insane.