when importing tracks from another project into a fresh one created from a template (has folder tracks, group tracks, etc.) the imported tracks may show up at random positions in the project, messing up the tracknumbers (hence layout on an external controller, too).
One can move around the tracks until they are autmatically assigned a “better fitting” tracknumber (in terms of continuity), BUT:
when using and switching between different channel visibility configurations in the mixer, these imported tracks have sneaked into any pre-existing configuration, so I would have to update all configs to remove them.
- Create a template project with group-tracks, folder-tracks, instrument tracks: all tracks have continouus tracknumbers, i.e. 1-48
- Create a new project off that template
- Import tracks from project: checked Events/Parts, Channel and Inspector Settings, to any Position; no matter if to new track or select an existing one from the target project
- Imported tracks may appear as Tracks, i.e. 1 and 2, the next as 45, 46, 49 and 50
- Sort imported tracks into correct groups might fix the tracknumbering (important for order on the external controller)
- Switching mixer track visibility configs
=> imported channels all show up additionally in all exisiting configs
Cubase Pro 11.0.10, Win 8.1