Impossible connect to Steinberg hub

Good evening everyone! I’m using Cubase 10.5 on Windows 7
For a while now, when I open Cubase, I see the message as per the jpeg attachment (It doesn’t connect to the hub)
What can be the causes?

Hi,

Make sure, no antivirus or firewall blocks the communication with the server, please.

1 Like

Many many thanks for your so courtesy and fast reply but, I’m sorry, that’s not the reason! Just tried to close my Microsoft Security Essentials and my Windows Firewall (the only softwares antivirus I have) but the problem persists… :disappointed_relieved:
Some other suggests??? :thinking:

Hi,

Can you open the mentioned web page from your web browser, please?

1 Like

Sigh, just tried but it ask me some info that I 'haven’t! (see attached picture)
But I fear NEVER HAD … :hot_face:
Maybe I’m wrong in something …
Always thx for your support … :heart:

Hi,

Interesting… I have to say, I have never seen this. But I have also never tried this.

Now I have tried and you are right, it asks for the user name and the password. The only one, which makes sense to me, is the MySteinberg user name and password. But I hesitate to enter it.

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: So no hope for me … :disappointed_relieved:

Hi,

You could also try to reinstall Cubase. Install it as administrator. Just to make sure, all needed permissions are granted.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s important but it’s only been happening for a few months … before (i.e. for years) Cubase has always connected to the hub without any problems

Sigh, :hot_face: I’m doing a very important job for a group and honestly I wouldn’t want to be stoned in case of some malfunction due to reinstallation! Thanks for all the suggests but I’ll try reinstalling in the future… :slight_smile:
Have good time and see you the next my problem …

1 Like