Impossible to set to Pentatonic?

I have been doodling with Tenori-on like stuff and wanted to setup my cubase to do a bit of pentatonic music, but to my great surprice I can not find anywhere to set it to show notation for Pentatonic scale or to auto transpose notes to pentatonic. Am I blind or is it just not in Cubase5?

I’m no Pentatonic scale expert (so please forgive my ignorance :wink: ), but I wasn’t aware that a pentatonic scale required anything specific in a score (it’s just five notes belonging to the regular diatonic scale, yes?).
Could you please elaborate on what it is that you actually require as a function?
On the other hand, as regards auto-correction, there are indeed MIDI functions available (either in the Transpose Setup dialog, or the Logical Editor, for correcting existing notes, or in realtime, via the MIDI track’s Input Transformer)
Input_Transformer.jpg
Transpose_Setup.jpg

Yes of course it is possible to enter the notes, but I would like to lock out the notes that are not i scale. You can do that on a Tenori-on or on Aurora on Ipad. Just set the scale and only those notes will be possible to add.

I have tried your input transformer suggestion, but it does absolutely nothing for me. I can enter any notes and they stay the same… strange. I have read the manual and tried to activate it both global and local and nothing…

Unfortunately not, but if you have the Input Transformer active on the MIDI track, then the filtering takes place there, before you even get to the Score Editor. (but, of course, that won’t prevent you from entering wrong notes with the pencil :wink: )

I have tried your input transformer suggestion, but it does absolutely nothing for me. I can enter any notes and they stay the same… strange. I have read the manual and tried to activate it both global and local and nothing…

Are you certain you “switched on” the module (the little switch, just to the left of where the Input Transformer shows “Module 1”), as seen in the screenshot I uploaded?

Yes! That was it I did not see the “onswitch”. Now the filtering worked. But still it does not prevent from entering the wrong notes with a pen… Maybe I will have to get a tenori-on or an Ipad with Aurora on :frowning:

Although it’s not possible to forbid entering the “wrong” notes directly, you can do the pentatonic conversion with Menu->MIDI->Logical Editor. This is basically an off-line version of the Input Transformer. Moreover, you can use the Transformer MIDI insert plugin for converting a given MIDI track to a pentatonic scale during playback.

Miloslav

Just get a tenori-on :slight_smile: I’m so glad i bought mine, write so much stuff on it :smiley: