Improve mapping (Cubase mapping is outdated)

Improve mapping (Cubase mapping is outdated)

comparing with Ableton live and FL Studio, the cubase mapping is so complex, so difficult, so tedious…

mapping in Ableton or FL, consist in to turn on a little button, select the virtual knob and move the wished knob from the controller to get done and linked

I used to think just like you, but it took me just a few minutes to realize how much more powerful and flexible the Cubase remote setup is over any other DAW. It wasn’t designed for “wham bam thank you ma’am” type controller mapping. It’s for the guy who has 2, 5, 10 etc… different controllers, some containing multiple midi ports as well, and can be assigned to anything anywhere including just about every command inside of Cubase. It doesn’t even stop there. You can save all of your intricate setups and import them into any project. Try doing that in Ableton Live or any other DAW. And if a quick remote setup is what one is after the quick controls are perfect for that. Yes there could be some improvements, but generally it’s the most awesome remote control setup scheme I’ve come across.

I know Cubase has many more options on mapping with advantages, however for a simple mapping task the process is very tedious and slow, it takes time … But im not requesting to delete the options we have already, im requesting an improvement for simplify some kind of tasks and make it easier, exactly as you described: “wham bam thank you ma’am” as you can do it in Ableton or FL Studio… and about different kind of controllers, Ableton can do mapping in any knob, fader, key or button of any controller, including unknown controllers and using 2,5 or 10 controllers…