- I hit export audio to WAV.
- I see the progress bar begin, and it’s going to take a few minutes.
- I switch to another program, leaving Dorico to do that in the background.
- A minute later, I try and check to see if Dorico’s finished: I click on the Dorico icon in my dock, which brings the main Dorico window to the front.
- It doesn’t bring the progress bar to the front, which is hidden behind the main window. In other words, I think Dorico is done, but it’s not.
It’d be great for this to be improved in a future version.
This just happened to me too. I was re-exporting and replacing some audio, and the progress bar was hidden behind the main window. I could see from the Finder window that something was happening, but no indication from Dorico
On the other hand, I don’t want to sit waiting for the export to complete before I can do something else in Dorico, so I don’t want a window that holds on to the view.
I don’t think it’s possible to continue working in Dorico, whether or not you can see the progress bar. Is your experience different?
Ah! You’re absolutely right. In which case, yes: it should definitely stay on top.