In which Cubase version was a project made?

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this:

How can I find out in what version of Cubase a project was made? That’s a major issue for me, also because of the sometimes changing availability of some plugins/VST-i’s in the different Cubase versions (I have all versions of Cubase as of version 6 installed on my pc, all with their own original plugins/VST-instruments). Also some external plugins/VST-instruments only work with some Cubase-versions.
I have hundreds of projects, made over the years. Now I sometimes have to open 2 or 3 versions of Cubase before I can find out in which version it was made or which Cubase-version contains certain VST’s/instruments. With hundreds of projects, that’s really too time consuming.

Steinberg or anyone else:
Isn’t there ANY way to see “inside” a .CPR-file to find out in which Cubase version it was made?

Thanks in advance
Mario

This would be a good “Feature Request”.

Suggestion…
Maybe you can check out the dates of when you originally installed all you CB programs. Then when you right click a .cpr file and check under “Properties>Details>Date Created” you might be able to match that date to the date of the CB installation program file. A PIA for sure. :frowning:

Regards :sunglasses:

All I could find was this compatibility list : https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/compatibility-and-interchangeability-of-project-files.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[o_system]=2&tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[productfamily]=en%2Fsupport%2Fknowledgebase_new.html&tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[product]=en%2Fsupport%2Fknowledgebase_new.html

It doesn’t have any info on plugins etc though.

Thanks guys!
I think I can work it out with the tips you gave me here!

Although it is a pitty that the information I need cannot be read from the .CPR file itself.
I once asked Steinberg for this, but… alas… no reaction!